🇲𝒚 𝐺𝖗ɑ𝖓𝑑Ƅ൦𝒚 ⧿ 𝓚𝖊𝖓𝖜ɑ𝒚 𝙵ɑ𝘮𝗶∣𝒚 ⧍𐌵

Me: *sitting on couch drinking an extra large Slurpee*

Edward: Hey Ash have you seen- *points at Slurpee* What the fuck is that?

Me: A Slurpee..?

Edward: What's a Slurpee?

Me: Oh, you sweet summer child...I love these now you have to try it.

Edward: Uh...I might pass on that-

Me: No you won't get back here.

Edward: *slowly backing away*

Me: Edward. James. Kenway. Get over here or else I'll sink the Jackdaw.

Edward: *walks over slowly in fear*

〈-♦-〉

So I was looking through Pinterest randomly one day (this is all I do with my life nowadays-), saw the image above and thought, Huh, I could make a oneshot out of this. So here we are-

Imagine: Edward only faked his death and followed Haytham to the colonies as he wanted to see his son again. Then everything in the game happens and Edward finds Kaniehtí:io in Kanatahséton with Ratohnhaké:ton/Connor and helps her raise Connor.

Note: Connor spares Haytham as that's what Edward would have wanted, the Jackdaw didn't sink, also there's a lot of timeskips in this-

〈-♦-〉

Edward's POV

He watches as Kaniehtí:io plays with Ratohnhaké:ton, his two year old grandson. "'Niha? (Father)" the child asks, pointing at him.

"No Ratohnhaké:ton," Kaniehtí:io says in Mohawk. "That's your grandfather."

He smiles at the small child and picks him up. "Hello!" he says in Mohawk. Ratohnhaké:ton looks at him, laughs and says, "Grandfather!" He hugs the small child and thinks of his own son, Haytham.

11 years later, Ratohnhaké:ton/Connor's POV

He walks with his grandfather through the mountains to the house where Oià:ner had seen the symbol he'd seen in his vision. "What do you think'll happen, lad?" his grandfather asks him.

He had lines on his face and gray streaks in his golden blond hair from age, but he still had a youthful aura about him. "I don't know," he replies truthfully. "But if the spirit showed me, then it must be something important."

"Aye, seems to be something important."

9 years later, Edward's POV

Connor-as he was now called-needed to learn how to sail, he'd told Achilles-the old Assassin training Connor though he could have done it himself.

Now he was looking at the Jackdaw. Sure, she needed some upgrades and repairs, but she was still a damn good brig. "This was your ship, Grandfather?" Connor asks from beside him.

"Aye, a fine brig she is. She needs some upgrades and repairs, but she's still got a bite."

But I have the Aquila..."

"Sod the Aquila. The Jackdaw's clearly better."

5 years later, Ratohnhakéton/Connor's POV

He looks at the grave. His father beside him. "So he was never really dead...And he followed me all the way here..." his father says, shaking a bit.

"He loved you," he says. "Though you became a Templar."

"Yes...Maybe it's time to switch sides...If you'll have me?"

"Grandfather would want nothing less."

His father nods and sinks to his knees at the headstone, shoulders shaking with sobs.

He places a hand on his father's shoulder and looks at the headstone.

                                                                      Edward James Kenway

                                                              March 10, 1693-March 11, 1783

                               Father, grandfather, lover, friend, fighter, captain, sailor, Assassin

                                                                     Requiescat in Pace

〈-♦-〉

Me: Ah fuck it's short but impactful-

Edward: *sniffles* You're goddamn right.

Altaïr: Another oneshot? *reads* Okay who put onions in here I'm tearing up-