ꕗᥱτ ━ 𝙅𝐚𝘤𝞂𝑏 ✗ 𝐑ᥱ𝐚Ꮷᥱ𝗿

Arno: Ash, why is that the meme for this oneshot?

Me: That's totally something Jacob would say while you're arguing if you said that-

Jacob: *pops into the room* What would I say?

Arno: NOTHING-

⇐-✠-⇒

Imagine this: You're a fighter in the fight club and are a reigning champion-until Jacob joins and beats you. You two grow close over time and eventually develop romantic feelings for each while both of you not knowing if one likes the other.

Note: Gender neutral reader, Evie has an appearance for plot reasons

TW: Blood, mentions of eating problems (but not quite an ED?)

⇐-✠-⇒

Your POV

You roll your shoulders as you face the one man who's beaten you every time these past two weeks.

You had been reigning champion, until he made you fall flat on your arse and you lost your money. You had a lot of money from the fight club anyway, but it always helped to have extra.

Now, you and the current reigning champion were duking it out, trying to finish the fight. He was handsome, but you could focus on that later. You finally, finally get him on the ground and win. 

As you walk away-rolling your shoulders again-he approaches you. "So I was wondering, do you want to join my gang?"

The question is abrupt and takes you aback, but you figured you could get more money that way. "I'm in."

"I'm Jacob by the way. You?"

"Y/N."

Jacob's POV

He surveyed the person who had beaten him. Y/H tall, H/L H/C hair, S/T skin and E/C eyes that looked like he could get lost in them for a century and still not know even half of what they had seen.

He knew they were going to be a great asset to the Rooks. Maybe the Assassins, but he'd have to watch them some more to confirm that.

Timeskip, Jacob's POV

It had been a few months since he and Y/N had met and they had joined the Rooks. They had certainly been an astoundingly excellent Rook for all this time and he personally felt they fit the mold of an Assassin.

As he sips some tea in his train car, he hears something. Setting his tea down, he goes to see what it is...and sees Y/N passed out on the floor near his bed. "Oh, what have you gotten yourself into now love..." he mutters as he picks them up and puts them on his bed. He sips some tea while he watches them, waiting to see if they regain consciousness.

Sure enough, they regain consciousness after a couple minutes and see him. "What the hell...Boss?" they mutter.

"Y/N, haven't I told you that you can just call me Jacob?" he asks with a chuckle as he walks over to them. "Now, what in the bloody hell were you doing that got you in here and passed out?"

"Some guys got drunk, told me to go to your train car. Thing is, I wasn't feeling so good so I passed out as soon as I walked in the door."

He freezes. "When was the last time you ate?"

"..."

"Y/N."

"...Three days ago, I think. Maybe longer."

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Why?"

Your POV

Well, you're fucked. Jacob had figured it out.