⭕𝖋𝖋𝐢𝑐ᥱ Ꮃ⊙ɼ𝘬 a𝑛ⅆ 𝙂⊍𝐢𝑛𝑛ᥱ𝒔𝒔━Ѕ𝚑a𝔂𝙩𝚑a𝓶 ⟮𝕸⊙ⅆᥱɼ𝑛⟭

Me: Ah...another thing to write. It took me a while to come up with this...

Shay: Why is it shipping Haytham and I?

Haytham: Ash...this is scary. Is there going to be smut..?

Me: Don't worry, there's no smut...though thanks for the idea for a later oneshot-

Haytham and Shay: ASH NO-

Me: Ash YES-

_-•^•-_
Third person POV

Shay mutters a curse as he walks out of the office building he worked at...all this goddamned work, and for what? He might as well quit at this point...but this job paid the highest wage in the area, and he wishes he'd listened to his mother. Get a degree in something realistic, she'd said. Don't get a creative writing degree, she'd said. "I should've listened to you, Ma..." he mumbles. "I shouldn't have been stupid enough to get a degree in something as unstable as this..."

Shay walks in the sweltering weather, only made worse by his button down and dress pants that he had to wear to work every day. He grits his teeth and mutters some more curses as he walks into his favorite bar...Thomas D'Arcy McGee's, it was called. God, did he need a drink...the bartender smiles at him, they knew his usual as he was a regular. "Hey, Lucky Charms...what can I get for you?"

He huffs a laugh as he gives the 5'7 bartender a grin. "Hello there, Ash...my usual, please." (Note: Yes, I'm inserting myself in this...an idea is an idea)

Ash rolls their eyes at this, but they grab a beer mug. "Really? Same old, same old? Come on, Shay...mix it up a bit."

Shay sighs and shakes his head, a smile still on his face. "God, I'm going to regret this...got any
recommendations?"

Ash cracks their knuckles-which Shay knows as a sign that they mean business-and they grab a bottle of vodka. And not just any vodka...it was Żubrówka. The Polish bison grass vodka. "Do you like vodka?" Ash asks, smiling a bit. "If I were allowed to drink this, I'd totally chug it...but I'm working."

He laughs and says, "I take it you're Polish, then?"

Ash nods and pours Shay a glass of straight Żubrówka, handing it to him with a grin. He sips the vodka, feeling the burn...but it's sweeter than he thought it'd be. Maybe it's the bison grass...

He smiles a bit before a familiar face sits next to him...and he looks away to hide his blush. Haytham Kenway...a coworker, and a smokeshow of a coworker at that. Shay can't deny he has a huge crush on the man...and he sips more vodka.

Now Shay knew Haytham had a son from a previous relationship with someone he didn't know, but that didn't deter him. In fact, it made Haytham more interesting to him. He notices Ash flash him a subtle smirk...they knew of his infatuation with Haytham, and they'd totally play matchmaker every chance they got. Shay rolls his eyes and sips his glass, before nearly choking on his Żubrówka when Haytham turns to look at him.

Haytham's POV

I look over at the man beside me...where had I seen him before? Oh right...he was a coworker at the office. Shay, I think his name was...I sip some of my brandy and take him in for a moment. Black hair pulled back into a small, neat ponytail, warm brown eyes, an attractive scar near his right eye...he was alluring, to say the least. I give him a small smile before looking back at my drink. A tap on the table catches my attention, and I look up to see Ash smirking at me. This bartender...they knew what was going on. I sigh and look at Shay again...to find him looking straight back at me. I nod a bit and smile. "I wouldn't have pegged you for a vodka drinker..." I say as I sip my brandy again.