𝕋𝐡𝚎 𝘋○⁃⊙𝞶𝚎𝒓 (Prequel/spinoff of Melted Ice Cream)

Me: Well, here we are with another oneshot-

Arno: You actually did it-

Me: Started a prequel spinoff of the previous oneshot? Why wouldn't I?

Edward: Wait, what's going on?

Me: Daily me activities. I guess-

⁂【︶】⁂

CW: Mentions of abuse, mentions of trauma

Note: Technically self-inserts are supposed to be inserts of yourself which mine mostly is but I changed aspects of my life story to fit this, also yes, the title is the title of that romance novel called The Do Over by Lynn Painter (I read it, it was confusing in a Witcher season 1 timeline clusterfuck kinda way but good-) I didn't choose the title it chose me 😭, also forgive the very romance novel-esque writing bc I've been reading way too many romance novels lately (thank you school library-)

⁂【︶】⁂

Fourteen years old. Oldest of three. Port Credit, Canada. This...this is where their life took a steep downhill slope.

Though in truth, the downhill slope started shortly after they turned thirteen.

All because of a fucking crush.

She rejected their feelings, manipulated them. Was a real bitch, as they realized later.

That's where their trauma begins. That they know of, anyway. It could be much deeper.

After losing feelings for said crush, she stopped talking to them. They never found out why. ut their life took a turn for the worse after.

Grades slipped, parents got more and more restrictive.

But at fourteen? That's when their parents started emotionally abusing them. When they were fifteen, the abuse got physical.

They'd show up to school daily with bruises because they'd raised their voice or said something their parents didn't like.

Everyone at school had been concerned–their classmates asked what had happened for them to get bruised like that. But they lied, rather than let others know they were abused.

They had a bruise on their face from a smack? They'd say they fell off their bed really hard.

They damn well know their classmates silently called bullshit. They damn well know a lot of people saw through their lies about the bruises, cuts and contusions.

After enduring three years of physical and emotional abuse, they moved to New York City for college.

And never spoke to their family again.

That drama with moving out of Port Credit had been a year ago. They're in their second year of college, on a full scholarship.

Majoring in creative writing and minoring in psychology.

Their so-called 'family' doesn't know they're in New York City for college (Queens, more specifically). Their family don't know their new phone number or email address–but they have their family blocked anyway. 

They still have their Discord friends from their teen days. Quite a few are in America, actually. They've realized that Ace–a demi-boy born a girl and going by he/they pronouns–goes to their college.

Ace has always been a good friend to them. He's helped them through some tough shit.

They text Ace with an idea. What if they opened an ice cream shop together?