4

I was really starting to regret not getting that man's number. For some reason Jami thought it a good idea to drink. And now i was in my room listening to him fuck some chick from the bar. I wasn't mad, it was his place. I was however horny as fuck. It wasn't her moans that got me. It was his. The image of that platinum eyed face blossoming almost every time Jami let out a deep hiss. 

I was blushing red in embarrassment despite neither party seeing me. I refused to touch myself. That's disgusting. Well maybe not but i could imagine a man I'd met barely 3 hours. What in the Hell was wrong with me. 

Sighing i got up like i had the night before and grabbed my hoodie. My wallet and my phone. I slid on my shoes and quietly headed to the front door. Once there i quietly left locking it behind me. The key in my wallet, regardless if i was back when they woke or not.

I headed out down the cold river walk. It wasn't freezing but the water pulled a breeze that honestly i could have done without the hoddie to feel.

The walk down the water's edge was peaceful. The waves crashing gently along the sand. The scene was one I'd always dreamt to take in. Yet now being in front of it I felt pain.

How dare he!?

Sending me into anger and sadness, even now, 5 years 3 months and 17 days later. My fists clenched in irritation. How fuckin dare he...

I was tempted to shout in anger, but it only worsened my mood when others starred. Unfortunately for me in this moment a group of stumbling women were making their way down the path.

Moving on I avoided them. Knowing well what helping others did for you. I made my way back onto the main walk ignoring the waves that seemed to crash louder as I abandoned them.

Walking along main drag I passed many windows closed for the night. Some still flashing dim lights to give off a desire to know more. Ahead I walked through an archway that was connected to another down the path. However, I stopped slightly intrigued by the unique pathway.

The arches separated a glass doorway. On its window a large logo that read Conquer Fear on the bottom stickers indicating a safe place for teens and woman alike. At first, I almost walked away but the name of the company had me pausing.

T&JFoundation.

There was a number on the bottom. And for some reason writing next to it that read. 24 Hour response. If even at all interested, click, and dial.

I went to continue on as my body turned my eyes found over a hundred names carved into the stone archway ahead of me. Above on the arch it read.

Plaque of Legendary Warriors.

Names littered in carved rock around it. Glancing at the number again I read it and remember it for later. On i walked until the sun had rose and the morning air grew nippy. 

I'd found my way to a shop. One not to busy. In all honesty it appeared closed still. Despite the sign that read OPEN in bold bright letters. 

"Shit!" The shout came from an ally down the right of the shop and i hesitated. 

'Helping gets you nowhere.'

I reminded myself of this and yet my feet pulled me forward. Grumbling to myself, i peeked around the stone corner. "Seriously!" The voice grew even more heated as the crash of something hit the ground. A angry roar came from the voice. One that my eyes matched to a small woman. Her hair was pinned back into a messy bun with what looked to be chopsticks. She was dressed in deep brown overalls with a long sleeve cream colored turtleneck. The sleeves rolled with her hands rested on her hips. Black boots stood in a puddle of whatever liquid had fallen out of the crate she had been hauling. Her face was flushed. Cheek's pink and chest huffing. "Just my fuckin luck..." Her voice trailed.