35

I woke slowly to the sound of metal clanking against something. I blinked through the course pain in my body. I couldn't feel my legs. My hands where numb and I could barely feel them. I cracked my crusted eyes open, squinting at the bright sun beaming into the room I was in.

I was in a large warehouse. From what I could see in front of me. There where pallets wrapped in plastic and few shipping containers on one side of the room. I tried to take a deep breath, but my ribs seized.

Great another thing to add to the injury list.

I moved a little and my body clenched. A whine leaving my throat quietly. I moved my tongue in my mouth trying to rid the dryness there. I looked down at myself talking in the state of my body.

I winced. Bruises, cuts, blood, dirt and welts, littered my skin in various places. Everywhere. A cold chill shot through me as I took in the sight of my thighs and hips.

My mind flashed......

I was raped......

Vomit... that's all I could taste but dry heaving was all I could do. I looked up taking several shallow breaths. Pushing through the pain that pressed against my body. Using a moment to calm down. I analyzed what I saw above me.

I was under the table a bit. As well as lying out in the open. The underside of the table was bare aside from the old metal stains. Above was several large rafters and some hanging fans. As well as lights. In the roof was a ventilation fan that was clanking every time the wind moved it. 

Despite my efforts to distract myself my mind wandered. 

Leo wouldn't want me anymore.

Thats a fuckin lie. Maybe not physically. But we loved each other. Right......?

I don't understand why this was happening. Did I deserve it?

Probably...

I cringed at my own thoughts. Of course, I didn't fuckin deserve it. What would cause for this. I lost my childhood, my happiness, my leg, and now my dignity. Taken from me like everything else. My mind was reeling. I barely registered the shouts in the distance before a door slammed open and I flinched. 

"What the hell am I looking at!" I jumped again cursing myself for not remaining still. This was Dominic's voice. His boots were thumping towards me. The anxiety in me was swelling. God, I need to get out of here. "Malique!" He shouted above me.

"Yes Sir." Malique's voice was somewhere in the room farther away than Dominic's. 

"Who did this?" No one responded to his question. I heard the low growl build up past his lips before he was screaming. "Who the fuck did this!!!!" I opened my eyes slowly. I was confused. Why would he give a shit? I looked up at Dominic who was staring at Malique, head turned towards him. Body facing me. "Who was with him?" Again, silence. I could see the anger building. He turned then and I froze our gazes meeting within that split second. I couldn't move, couldn't speak. Would he kill me? I flinched, nearly fainting for the pain, when he slowly crouched down next to me.  He didn't speak at first, the only sound was that of the vent clanking above us.

"Who did this to you Wolf?" He voice was so quiet, that if I hadn't been only a foot from him I'd've probably never heard him. I swallowed roughly, debating my answer. Why? Why did he want to know. He was a gang leader. He didn't honestly give a shit. I couldn't answer anyway so i only closed my eyes as the pain pounded throughout my body. He sighed heavily after several long seconds. "Take him to a holding unit. Someone put some fucking clothes on him. Malique bring me who did this. Or ill have you suffer for their actions." Dominic stormed off at his own words. The rest of us unmoving. 

The minutes that followed where tense. They had made the effort to follow their orders. I fought them as they tried to clothe me. I didn't care, anything to make this more annoying. Ignoring the logical of the situation. I knew I wasn't helping at all and definitely was just making it worse. Good....

By the time I was placed in a cell it had to have been an hour or two later. I was carried by 3 people. Malique had only followed, and I didn't even look at him. I was set on a cot inside the room and all of the men rushed away from me as if I was fire. I didn't give a shit. I was honestly tired. I couldn't run, I couldn't escape. I could only get tossed out or get myself killed. Either way those were my only options. 

I honestly wasn't banking on Leo finding me. Even if he did, they would try to kill him. What then. Just one more thing that I would have tacked on the list of horrors caused by me. My mother's death, killing my father, Prison, Depression, Amputee, William's death, letting myself get kidnapped and raped.... what's next killing the person that means to the most to me. Ya... hard pass. 

I laid there in the quiet room. Malique was posted up outside. Lent up against the bars that kept me from my freedom. Guarding me as if I could honestly run away. The shirt I wore was itchy. But I couldn't use my hands. There were deep cuts along my wrists. They burned and some areas looked a bit green. I could only cringe and lay my head back down. Ignoring my petty annoyances.

"I'm sorry." Malique's voice echoed into the dark room. Breaking the decent silence. His voice was raspy as if he was unable to talk. To think I once thought of this man as a genuine friend. After we had gone biking, the 5 of us had exchanged numbers and contact. Yet now.... now it didn't even fuckin matter. It was all a damn joke. "I should've stopped him." He whispered and I felt the anger building in my gut. Pushing up into my chest. It was as violet as the pain. "I wish I..."

"SHUT UP!" The shout was brutal. Scraping past my lips like razors. I could feel the tears forming at the helplessness of my situation. The lack of my own capable abilities. How fuckin useless I was. 

"I'm sorry." He was crying and I was following suit.

"Shu...t.... up..." I couldn't help the break in my words. Just stop just leave me alone. My body shook as I clenched my arms to my chest. There was so much pain in my abdomen. Physical pain, mental, emotional...... 

You don't get to cry.... 

I wanted to say that to him. To tell him how, fucked he was. Not that he'd understand, or care, or have an ounce of regret. He didn't suffer it. He didn't know.... he...... it was his fault. I wanted him to know... He's to blame, not me.... there wasn't anything I could do. Could've done. But him... he should have tried harder. I pushed to speak to shout to yell, but I was tired. I knew there was no reason to believe he would be any better. Look what he did to Will... How far would he have gone. Just to get to me. He planned this.

The shallow breaths barely made it to my lungs as I sniffed and choked quietly on my wasted tears.

 I didn't want to do this anymore. I just want to be done.

I just wanted to sleep....