12

Leo's POV

I watched the dark look wash over Wolf's face. The aura around him sinking into one of pure depression. I new it well. I'd grown used to the face of it. The tired eyes and the lack of light behind said orbs. The will leaving the tension in your face to rot alone. It comes quickly. Arriving unnoticed by passersby. Even by those we wished to save us from it. It was crashing into him now. 

"It's ok." I said trying to keep him out of harms way. Distracting the pain so the mind could heal. He glanced at me. "There isn't much to say about this kinda thing. I didn't know how to respond when Jaydeth told me about all this stuff before too." I dont know what about this man had me always talking. But he made me want to sing to the world half the damn time. 

He was perfect. But so damn hurt. I dare not say broken. Nothing about this being was broken. From his looks to his attitude. He was damn near perfect. The only imperfection. His outlook on himself. But one doesn't simply change there way of self-preservation. It's conditioned through out your life and your stuck with what you have until you escape it yourself. Of course with some help.

"How about we find something to do?" I asked. Hoping he'd be flexible. 

"And... what are we to do in a hospital?" He asked and i shrugged. 

"Well..  we've got movies." I paused for a reaction he just pursed his lips. Head still drowning. "We have bord games." Nothing, "Food..... books." He quirked his head. 

"Some how i dont see you reading much." I grinned at his comment.

"I dont but with you it'd be fine." I said and he tensed a bit. Clearing his throat.

"You dont have to be here doing all this Leo... I'm not cut out to help you in the end if thats what you're wanting. Theres nothing i can offer in return and i'm not really capable of doing much right now anyway." He rambled and gestured to his leg and hand. I frowned trying hard not to let the sting hurt.

"Wolf.. i dont want anything from you." I said and he sighed.

"What do you want then Leo?" Silence followed his question and unfortunately. I didnt know how to respond. After a few more seconds the only word that came out was a quiet.

"Nothing.." He glanced up at me from looking down at his lap, wehre his fingers were dancing around eachother. More silence before i spoke. "There is nothing your passionate about doing?" I asked and he glanced up at the wall ahead.

"Where im from, you're passions become after thought  for most people. I lost mine." The dark look loomed darker and the tick in my jaw grew tighter.

"Nothing..? Art, dance, cooking... sewing... gardening.... writing." I rattled off as many as i could think of. Every, one, ensuing no response. I sighed glancing at my laptop. A Youtube notification popped up and instantly an idea. "What about singing?" He paused contemplating it but still seemed off. 

"I liked it once but i wasn't good at it. Never being able to capture it like the true artist." He said and thats when i knew.

"Music." I said and he froze glancing at me before clearing his throat.

"I dont listen to it anymore. It's to much of a distraction." Glancing at him he was staring off into space.

"Who told you that?" I asked and he pressed his lips into a thin line. His pale skin going a bit white at the mouth. 

"He's always said it'd ruin me. That i'd be a.. damn...... foul..." He trailed off slowly eyes loosing their glazed color. As if reality was ticking back in. So rather than making it awkward i spoke.