18

The next day was a lot easier. I got up got ready. And made my way out to meet Ally who had a stack of files i was meant to arrange through the computer and filing cabinets. I was done with that sooner than I'd have liked to be but either way it was done. By noon the lobby was finally awake as my neighbors came to life. 

The tenant from apartment 7 came barreling through with his bag falling off his shoulder. "Oh thank god your not on lunch yet." He said and i nodded. 

"I go at the same time everyday Vic." I said and he smiled. It was a lie, considering id been going a little later so i could make sure he checked in for his community service. Vic was fighting to keep himself out of jail due to a few misdemeanors. He was a great guy just stupid and naive. After a talk with Ally his parole officer was able to ask both Ally and I about monitoring when he left and came back. Being on lock down was a bitch but i knew how hard it was. With the agreement he could only leave during the week between 6 am and 4 pm. After that if i wasnt there to check him in he'd be flagged. On the weekends he was allowed to be out at any time. But on Sunday night he had to be back by 3 for his parole classes. 

Thankfully on my end after everything with the accident and medical shit Beth worked with the court and had my court ordered Classes revoked as long as i updated her with everything going on here in Arizona. Beth was a saint and i knew i owed her my damn life.

"Do you always space out like that?" Vic suddenly asked and i cleared my throat with a blush, while signing his stupid ass paper. 

"Nope only when I'm bord and hungry." I said and he glanced down at the paper as i slid it to him. 

"Well...." He trailed and i lifted a brow. "If you're not to against the idea. I have an hour and about 40 minutes before my business class. I usually go to the cafe just down the street. We could... i dont know grab lunch and talk before i gotta go in. That shouldn't be to boring." He said and i tensed. Wow the balls on this fucker.

"oh.." I cleared my throat a bit. He blushed rocking on his feet. 

"It's ok, im sorry if i overstepped, just wanted to be..." He cleared his throat rubbing his neck while speaking, "nice." He was redder than a rose and i was filled with intrigue. Glancing at the clock i nodded. I set the lunch sign up and pushed the chair back. 

"Sure." I said and he smiled wide. He waited for me follow him out while he held the door. We headed down the street as he spoke about some of his classes. 

"Again spacing out." He said as i starred ahead. I sighed. 

"I've got alot on my mind." I said and he nodded.

'Right..." He chimed and i lifted a brow.

"Are you being sarcastic?" I asked and he shook his head. 

"No, i was teasing." He stated matter-of-factly. I let a chuckle bubble from my lips. He smiled again as we turned to enter the cafe. The smell of coffee sending me back to Gena's shop. Ignoring the homesickness, i followed Vic to the counter.

We ordered quickly as he led me to one of the couches. We sat down and he immediately started asking questions. 

"Were you born here in AZ? If so how did you keep your skin so light?" I shook my head. 

"No i've moved out here almost going on a year ago." I said and he nodded.

"Looking for change?" He asked and i shrugged. 

"Ya for the most part." We were silent as people entered the shop.

"I was left out here by my friends. My family was shit anyway so i just tried to make it out here. Got in trouble now im here." He said with a shruggish gesture. Our food and drink was called a bit later and we remained chatting. I didnt give him much to go off of. And honestly i wasn't trying to share much. He was unashamed as he spoke of his past and present. Once the hour was up he offered to walk me back to the apartments and i let him. Knowing he'd like to anyway.  We made it to the apartments, and he spoke.