26

Wolf's POV

40 minutes later we were pulling up to a large farm home. The wrap around porch was lit by a few dim lights and a light was on by the front door. The truck clock read 1 am and i glanced at Leo who's hands were gripping the wheel tightly. I had swapped seats with Will, letting him sleep. I reached over and took one of Leo's hands and he gripped mine tightly. 

"I'm going to be there with you." I murmured and he swallowed with a single nod. "If they do not want you here then we turn and leave. I know you want them in your life, but you also are your own person." I said and he nodded again pulling up to the drive. He put the truck in park and looked at me. I nodded and we got out. I stepped down while shutting the door. The sound of dogs barking stirred in the house. I came around the truck as he reached his hand out to me. I took it just as the door of the home was thrown open. A woman came running out shoving past the screen door. She halted at the porch steps, her nightgown swaying low on her calves. 

"Leo?!" She called voice shaky as Leo's hand also shook in mine. I didn't miss the 'ma' that whispered past his lips. Her hand flew to her mouth, and she began to cry. She stumbled a bit down the steps and Leo pulled his hand away rushing to catch her in his arms. She threw her arms around him, sobbing as she spoke unrecognizable words.

 She had left the doorway behind leaving room for the tall figure that stood in her place. He had looked me up and down following my hand to Leo's with narrowed eyes before Leo and i separated. Now he took in his son's existence. From where he stood i could see who Leo got his appearance from. Sharing only his mother's skin tone. 

Leo's mother pulled away taking his face in her hands. "My baby..." She whispered and Leo touched her hand. "Oh how much you've grown." She exclaimed turning to her husband. "Dion, come quickly!" She called excitedly turning back to hug Leo again. The large man stepped further onto the porch. His boots stomping against the worn wood. He didn't say a word as Leo glanced up at him. He gently pulled his mother's arms off him standing to his full height as he stepped away from her. She dropped her arms, eyes becoming conflicted. She glanced between the two while stepping back a bit. Almost as if she was afraid they may fight. 

Leo's father Dion stepped down from the porch. His boots sounding like thunder with each step. Leo and him stared at each other for several long seconds. Neither man saying a word. His mother and i watched in bated breath. It was like two tigers in a standoff. Neither made a effort to move.

Then Leo nodded slowly stepping back away from his father who stood firm. Thumbs hooked in his pockets. Leo turned a bit towards me, his eyes full of unshed tears. However, we all froze as Leo's father spoke. 

"Leo Alexander Grean." Leo was tense. The tears he had were winning against his battle to keep them away. "If you don't turn around a greet me, I'll send you back the way you came." Dion's voice was deep and almost unwavering. But i heard the small emotion on the end. Leo turned slowly. A shaky 'sir' left his lips as he tensed swallowing roughly. "Sir!?" Dion said exasperatedly causing his mother to flinch.

"Pa..." Leo whispered dropping his head a bit and Dion's resolve cracked. He reached up touching Leo's shoulders. 

"Much better." He mumbled and Leo let out a huff. Dion pulled his large arm around Leo's shoulders hugging him to his chest. His other hand buried in his hair cupping the back of his head as he mumbled to him. I couldn't hear them well over the truck behind me. A door to the truck opened behind us and Jami stumbled out. He shut it and came up beside me. 

Dion pulled away from Leo glancing at us. "Come introduce our guests." He said and Leo cleared his throat blinking away his emotions.  He reached his hand out to me and i stepped to him, taking the hand.