27

*Steam Ahead!!!*

The days that followed turned in to weeks that were both long and tiring. Neither parent let us stay rent free. Which was to be expected. However, for someone who has never lived on a farm it was hard on every one of us but Leo. He was a natural. The two of us only ever spending alone time before bed. Which was becoming less as i grew exhausted over time. My amputated leg was honestly giving me the most trouble now more than ever. Some days i caught myself thinking back to before I'd gotten into the accident. How easy it was for me to do things physically.

This in turn had me thinking on Gena, and the friends Leo and I left behind. In those moments i thought of how Leo left beforehand. Was it the same as what had happened with his family. Did he just never contact them again? I had believed so since that had been the case before i left, but a lot can happen in a year when you are out of the loop. Asking him could be off putting and i wasn't sure if i wanted to make bumps in our steady road. Not that i knew if it would or not. All this thought of them had me wanting to see them. Talk to them.

I missed them.

We were off the radar for now of course. We couldn't have Dom and his connections finding us, so disappearing for the time being had to be the plan. It was all necessary but tiresome. I was fighting hard to keep the depression away on top of it all. It wasn't bad, and life wasn't shit. But the weight i felt knowing this was all because of me had the dark moments seeming all that more drowning.

 Everyone said it wasn't on me. Told me they were as much to blame if not more than i was. But that was all horseshit, and they knew it. 

Corbin bought a hit on me, and Dominic was the supplier. 

Simple as that. Not Leo, not Jami, or Will.

Me.

And that was so hard to swallow. 

Not because i was afraid or panicking. Not because i was scared of dying. No. Simply put. I was terrified of what he would do to Leo. What they would do to Jami. How would they catch them? Would they? Would I be able to keep them safe? There would be no sense in me running. Leaving Leo and Jami behind. That's honestly more stupid than anything. Dom would just use them if he got the chance, and where would i be? Exactly... I'd be an absolute idiot running like a blind chicken.

I was finally taking a break in our room when an epiphany hit me.One that had me realizing how far i was willing to go to keep them safe.

If Dom came. If he found us. Found them or anyone that i cared for. I would step over willingly. My life was so minuet in comparison. We didn't even know what Corbin wanted. What he still wants. Is he just looking to have my life. Or was he simply looking for some sense of revenge. 

I would fight back, this time, however. Unlike my previous battles with him. I would tell him the truth. The gut-wrenching truth that had me tearing my life apart for 5 years. Then another 2 after. This last year I've realized so much. Fought to damn hard. Overcame far to much to let them ruin it one more time. I would tell them all the truth no matter who heard. No matter who was there. 

Then i would kill Corbin. Prison or no Prison. He would die and meet his father in the rotten pit he sat in bellow. I promised myself that. He would die and i would be the one to kill him so help me...

I was snapped from my stupor as the door opened. Leo was walking in rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands. I went to stand from the bed but the burn in my right knee had me almost stumbling. I caught myself as Leo jumped.

"I didn't know you were in here." He said while closing the door behind him. He turned back and when i said nothing he spoke. "My parents are going to take the other two into town. My mom said and i quote, 'take some time with Gryffin it might do you both good.' They haven't left yet but she said she would let us know. I can let you have some silence though." He said reaching for the door and i gave him a confused look.