39

"I'm lying."

Indi was breathing shallowly against me. I'd positioned myself behind him, resting painfully against the truck wall. He was lent back so I could keep pressure on his wound. I secured his coat to his abdomen feeling for where the wound started and ended.  He was cold and only responded every so often. Like right now. I expected to receive silence, but he hummed wobbling his head slightly against my chin and shoulder.

"Why." He whispered barely able to mumble.

"I'm.... I'm terrified." My voice was muffled and tight. We were quiet. Saying it aloud helped. It made me relax. As if he would fix the fear growing in my gut. "I thought... I thought we could make it out. But I think... I think we lost.tt.t this one..." My emotions were getting the better of me. No matter how hard we tried. I couldn't find anything to break us out. It was cold and dark. The truck was slamming everything.

By the time I'd searched everywhere and came up blank the truck had stopped moving and we were left in silence again. I had tried to force the door open but with no luck, both of us had given up. Now.... Now we were just patiently waiting to die.

I didn't want this. I wanted to be happy and free and... And.... And I just fucking want Leo! All I want to do is see him smile. Hear him laugh... One more God damn time... I wasn't gonna deserve him anymore. Not after it all. No. He deserves better. But I was so fuckin selfish and all I want right now. Him. Nothing but him.

I wanted his...

love...

Commotion had broken out somewhere in the distance. What sounded like loud bangs and gun shots. Similar to what I had heard before when stuck in my cell. Except this time it never stopped.

Indi had somehow found and held my hand as I broke down. He didn't speak and his grip was weak. I just rested against him tears falling quietly down my face.

Since introducing ourselves we spoke to one another as a distraction. Getting to know the raw versions of ourselves. We had been in here for a while. So, the time was passed by with the conversations and long-drawn-out life stories we shared.

The both of us broke down a bit in frustration and now I couldn't quite reign back in my emotions. The sounds had stopped after a while and we were once again stuck here in silence. I believe it's partially why I've begun losing the fight against my inner fears.

"If.... ff... If... w..e make It..tt out of.... here...." He trailed in the silence, and I grew more in emotion. His bated breath had me clenching my fist which in turned squeezed his hand. "I.... I... ...would really...ly.... li..ke to k..ki...ck it www..wit.tth you..hh guyy..ss...." He tensed against me, and I swallowed hard.

"Yeah......, yeah that'd be okay...." I trailed not really knowing what to say. The silence swamped us again. Neither of us trying to speak. 

We both knew the chances, slim. We had been in here for what felt like a full day and night even. He was going to die.

The thought was racing in my mind as loud voices sounded outside the vehicle. What sounded like a metal chain clanked against the door making Indi move ever so slightly against my shoulder. Then bright lights flashed through the truck and causing me to squeeze my eyes shut. Sharp pain shooting through them into my head.

I squinted and blinked to clear my pained vision, carefully maneuvering Indi behind me. I prepared to fight. I would. I wouldn't go down any other way. I tensed my body ready. Burning pain ripping through every bone and muscle. Two people where slowly revealed as the door slid open completely. Both holding a large rifle that were pointed at me. Unmoving, I stood my ground. I flinched a bit as one of them slowly lowered their weapon and a woman's face appeared behind it. I took in her appearance and froze.