23

Gryffin's POV

Every moment that followed was precious between the two of us. I refused to let myself push Leo away and i felt that he was doing the same. The weeks that followed were hectic. From me working and finishing up therapy, to making time to spend with him. He was ever the patient one. Finding time for me in everything. 

Today i was meeting him at his friend's apartment. He was staying there for the time being despite already leaving clothes at my place. I knew we were going at a quick pace. We hadn't had sex again but i was fine with that, trying to go slow. Trying to keep us grounded so we didn't get lost or stir off track. He mentioned it a few days ago when we stopped for coffee before work. He said, 'I'm scared if we push things along to quickly that we will rush the lifetime we could have together.' 

In the moment the comment scared me. But i had agreed with him. I was willing to wait. Willing myself to be patient if thats what he wanted. 

Now i stood at the front of the apartment building. It was worn in but mildly decent. Nothing like Ally's properties. I stepped into the building not missing the smell of weed that waft through the lobby. I ignored it making my way down the hall to the letter C. I knocked stepping back some as someone shouted inside. The door opened to reveal a short muscular red head. He shook his head a bit eyes red and dazed. So this would be the weed smell. 

"Can i help you?" He asked groggily and i swallowed glancing back down at the doors. 

"Ya um... my friend, Leo... he said he was staying here." I said clearing my throat. The red head perked up nodding. 

"Ahhhh you must be Gryffin. He's been bitching about shit since he came back. Saying i was going make you hate em." He said and i ignored the heat rising to my cheeks for some reason. 

"I.. uh..." 

"Is-cool man, he's all hopped up..." He trailed while pushing the door open some. "I guess he wanted you to come in while you wait. He didn't say he was ready." He mumbled and just then Leo came spinning around the corner. Hair combed and damp. He had on a muscle-t with a pair of black cargo shorts. We were both wearing tennis shoes as he requested. My right foot bare because it didn't need a shoe. I too wore a t-shirt i had cut the sleeves out of it was just to hot out to wear anything else. Maybe a regular t-shirt that had decently breathable fabric. His tattoos were also on full display and i was practically salivating.

"Will i told you to let me get the door." Leo said while gesturing me inside. Will shrugged before slamming the door behind me. I flinched and Leo glared at him. I swallowed. The atmosphere was tense here. Like something was floating around you waiting to catch you off guard. Or ticking till the right moment to explode. Leo was tense too. His jaw tight. "Wasn't necessary." he said pulling his keys off a hook on the wall beside him. 

"Fuck off." Will said with an eye roll walking past us both to throw himself on the couch. I tucked my hands in my pockets. The uncomfortable feeling gnawing at my stomach.

"I have an idea i think you might like, but after the last time you might not be comfortable." Leo said walking closer. HIs hand running along my arm. I fought the shivers the goose bumps pushed through my body. 

"Shall we test it?" I joked and he smiled with a slight nod. He held up a finger running back into a room, i assumed was his. I glanced at Will, who's eyes were snapping back to the tv screen. He was watching us. I swallowed. "I'm sorry if we make you uncomfortable." I said and he tensed. Then a lazy look fell across his eyes. 

"Nah man. Just ready to play my music and lose myself, you feel?" He mumbled and i paused.

"Well what do you..."