7

"Are you alright?" He asked and i nodded as best i could. My head was pounding, and my lower body was numb. Suddenly i felt pressure everywhere like i was being suffocated. I could hear Leo on the phone. Saying something about not being able to get out from under the snow. The doors being forced shut. I was struggling to breath. The door wouldnt open. It was so cold. It smelled so bad in here. There was no way out of the bedroom. I was stuck my face against the piss fill carpet. My lungs burned for air.

The door wouldn't budge. I turned the handle so many times pounding on the wood. God was he finally gonna kill me? I wanted to scream but i was suddenly grabbed and yelling filled my ears. I could focus. My head hurt i was lightheaded.

"Wolf! I need you to breath!" I shoved away at him. He wasnt gonna get me not again. Suddenly a sharp sting cracked agaisnt my forehead and i was blinking a bit. My eyes finding hard silver rings. I was struggling to breath. I took in where i was and tensed.

"I got.. i need to get out.." I quickly grabbed the handle... yanking on it.

"Hey.. hey hold on. Relax." Leo's hands grabbed my arms.

"Stop!" I shouted shoving myself in the corner away from him. Sqeezing my eyes shut i waited to be hit or grabbed but all that followed was silence.

"Wolf. Your here with Leo from Towanda's Hideout. We met there and i bumped into you." I huffed my head pounding. I cracked my eyes open watching Leo. He was turned like he was facing a wild animal. "Do you remember?" He asked and slowly nodded. God i just wanted out of here.

"I want out..." I whispered cotten mouth trying to take over.

"I know. I do to. The police and fire are coming. They know we are here." I jumped as the car died. Closing my eyes i shrunk in on myself more. It was about to get very cold. The longer we sat the colder it got. Suddenly i was covered with something only to see a blanket on top of me. "You should work on getting a thicker coat. You're wearing a jacket in a blizzard." He said and i sucked up the wet nose forming.

"Why do you care...?" I trailed laying my head on the door despite the cold. I waiting for a response but nothing came. Not for what felt like several long minutes.

"Cause i know what its like when no one does. You're too perfect to not care about." I felt heat hit my face. Jesus how corny. Again more silence. My body began shivering and every glance over Leo go worse. First it was his hands turning red. Then his lips going pale. He was shaking as bad as i was but he was definitely chattering. Looking down at the blanket i cursed. Sitting up as shakily and slowly as i could, i lifted the center seat. Then slid over to him ignoring the pain from somewhere in my body. I couldnt move much.

He opened his eyes and jumped at how close i was. I let myself be a bit relaxed like at the bars. Remember how Jeff would slide his arms through my jacket and around my waste to feel the warmth i had. So i did just that. Basically, hugging him to me while pulling the blanket around us. He was tense and his heart was pounding but i just shivered into his warmth. Letting myself burry my face into his neck.

Slowly he wrapped his arms around me. Supporting me as i leaned further into him. His shiver slowed as did mine. However the colder it grew the harder we hugged each other. Sleep was lulling at me. Leo was so fucking comfy too.

"Don..dont fall asleep." He stuttered out and i sighed knowing that my heart beat would slow.

"Talk to me.. telling me something then, or.. or ask me questions." I stuttered on most words shivering once more. "Whats.. whats your favorite color..?" I asked stupidly and he smiled.

"I really like veridian green. Its like the middle of the rainforest." He said and i nodded against his neck and his hold tightened. We talked then. Meaningless conversation. Just asking eachother dumb questions. He likes butter on his toast but only with the salted kind. He hates toasters though pop scares him. He loves music and movies. But ignores tv shows. He also likes silence and the sound of waves. He wants to live on the beach. But instead leaves one a farm in the woods.

"I'd love to see it anyway.." i stuttered and he let out a breathy chuckle. 

"When we get out and hopefully dont have hypothermia ill take you there. You can ride one of the horses.." He shivered and i felt my chest clench.

"i dont think thats a good idea leo." I said feeling sleep lulling at me again and he tensed.

"Why..?"  i remember trying to respond but i was so fucking tired. I tried to whisper it. My body shaking.

"I..fate always finds a way to fuck me over and i dont think this was coincidence if we i dont think we should try very had. im not good for people.and .." The screaming outside was so loud and we both jumped. Suddenly in some spots we could see light. They were digging. We pulled away from each other a bit as leo reached to roll the window down. It was thankfully manual. snow fell in but he didnt care. The cold made us shake even more. Suddenly a stick poked the car window and leo rolled the window and grabbed it pulling some as the snow fell in more. Shouts went up outside and leo shook the stick his hands deep red from the snow. I yanked the blanket around and wrapped it around the stick giving it to leo as he used it like a glove. Light seeped in as the snow gave way and they were shouting. 

"Go i'll follow you out."

"No you go its fine..." He grabbed me and i yelped while he pushed me head first out the open window. I shivered as snow coated my clothes. Hands pulled me out though. Yanking me into the open blizzard. A thermal blanket was wrapped around me and i shook. it was warm.

A flash light was swung in my eyes and i flinched. "Can you hear me sir.?" I jumped and the woman placed her hand on my shoulder while another man helped me lay down then i was lifted somewhere. Everything was happening so fast. "You're alright we are gonna get you warmed up and make sure you okay. Everything is gonna be alright." I lost sight of Leo then. I was pushed into an ambulance and from then on i didnt see him again. I closed my eyes feeling the sheer loneliness that seeped in. I was alone. Yes all these people were helping but i had no insurance. No money. I need to go home. 

Yet i was taken to the hospital. Everything was a blurr. I just let them work. They gave me warm blankets and the works. But i was still alone. I refused to call Jami. He was having time with his girlfriend. I wouldnt do that to him. I left the hospital. Ignoring the looks the nurses gave as i left. I used what little money i had and rode a taxi back to Jami's house. I entered locking the door behind me i hesitated in the door way of the kitchen, then realized i wasnt hungry and went to my room. Kicking off my shoes i threw my coat on the bed post and curled up under the blankets avoiding the cold. 

I could be content being alone.