10

I froze my chest clenching. 

"I've spent the last month looking for you. Your name isn't wolf so we couldnt tell the receptionist who we were looking for. I didnt even know if you made it." His voice trailed into almost a whisper. "I didn't know what condition you were in. Or if you were even in the hospital." He sounded so hurt. So guilty. "It's my fault your like this. And for that i am truly sorry. I tried to turn the car so it would hit my side but there was so much ice Wolf... im so sorry..." He trailled his voice sounding teary. "Please say something..." He whispered and i tensed. If i spoke i would start bawling. I was not going to do that. "Okay.." He trailed i could hear him moving around now. He was making. Shuffling noises and then silence as he sighed and then the room grew quiet.

Time dragged and i found myself staring out the closed window. My chest hurt. I gripped the pillow and sucked in a shaky breath. So much for that.

After a restless attempt at sleep i woke to the sounds of the hospital coming to life. I sighed heavily while looking up a bit. Convinced i'd be alone. But my chest ached at the sight before me. In all his glory, lay a drool faced Leo sprawled across the tiny recliner just feet from me. Suddenly, the dark morning shadows weren't so dark, and the Sun rays shine just a bit more. The knock on the door however had my mood dampening.  Leo was snapped away instantly and he was immediately sitting up surveying the room. Jackie came in with a small smile. 

"Good morning gentlemen. Today i was able to talk to the doctor into letting you pick from the cafeteria today Wolf. So you can pick whatever you want." She said hopefully and i glanced at her already feeling the wait in my stomach. She didnt skip a beat as she turned to Leo. If you wanna take him down there just use this and not to much sugar." She said while heading back out. 

Leo looked at me as she left and in a way his face perked up. He didnt full on smile but it was close. "I dont know about you but i want cereal." He said and i shrugged already feeling heavy. 

"I could do with sleep. I didnt sleep great last night." I mumbled laying back agian and he shouted a little.

"Ah! Ah! Ahh! No you are coming with me. I am not braving that bullshit alone." He said waltzing over and yanking the blanket off me.

"Hey!" I shouted grogily. 

"Come one! I'm hungry." He said while walking away. I could hear him pushing the chair over.

"No it's cold down there. And the people dont stop staring and i just want to fucking sleep Leo." I huffed irritated. He was quiet and more ruffling sounded. I squealed as he heaved me up off the bed. "Stop!" I coughed out and he set me down on what felt like a chair. I looked down to see a pillow underneath my body.

"You can sleep after you have had a small bite to eat. You can sleep on the way there and on the way back but you have to go there and eat with me because i dont wanna go alone." He stated mater-of-factly while pulling a blanket over me and tucking it around my body so it wont get caught. For some reason i wasnt opposed to this. The fuckin shit was comfy. I sighed leaning my head back. Only to realize there was a pillow for my head and i melted into it. When i looked up again we were moving past a set of doors and we were suddenly int the cafeteria. I could smell decent food and despite the weight in my gut my mouth watered.

"We have made it to the kitchen. Were you thinking about anything?" Leo asked and i shrugged a little. 

"I dont know it all smells good but im not that hungry." I said and he sighed. 

"Take a moment to envision a flavor in our mouth. What are you tasting?" I closed my eyes and did as told. But nothing really came other than pain in my stomach that made me nauseous.

"That makes me sick.." I trailed and he didn't respond. 

"How about you have a few bites of what i get and then we can head back up?" He said and i shrugged.

"Dont let me stop you from eating. I'm just here for moral support remember." I said and he gave an amused look as he went about grabbing stuff. We headed to a table. Him expertly balancing the food on my head while pushing me. I wanted so badly to smile but the heaviness was growing worse and i didnt know how to push it away.

When we made it to the table he pushed the chairs down and made room fror me to sit next to him. I closed my eyes and he started eating.  Not long after he spoke.

"Wanna try some." I peeked my eyes open and looked past his fork to his face. He was dead serious. "It's peaches and pancake." He said and i swallowed trying not to throw up. 

"I think it will make me throw up." I said he took a bite and i sighed closing my eyes. The nausea retreating. 

"When i was in the military. They starved us on rations at one point. There comes a time when your body reacts negatively to food intake because your stomach is constantly churning to get whatever you may possibly have left in there to dissolve for sustenance. It's also the fight or flight response when it comes to starvation. If you were thinking in terms of survival you would be wiling to eat anything. So you stomach makes you sick so you can take a moment to think about what your eating. Starvation knows no bounds it will kill you before you realize your just hungry." I blinked at him as he took another bight and i swallowed. "How bout a peach. They are easy to eat." He said and i gestured to my hands being under the blanket. I really did not want to throw up everywhere. He shrugged and stabbed a small one before pointing it towards my mouth.

I blushed hard. No way in hell. 

"Stop it...!" I hissed out and he smirked. "Im not a baby. Your not feeding it to me."

"And why not. Saves you the hassle of excaping the warm confines of your own snuggles." He said and i stared at him. 

"Leo.. i'm serious i dont want to throw up everywhere i.."

"There isnt anything in there to throw up." He said quietly and we stared at each other. "Just one little peech and i wont bother to ask again. IF you throw up ill put the blanket over you and we will roll out like Optimus Prime." He made a random gesture with his hand and i cleared my throat as the weights in my cheeks pushed harder. Leaning forward i opened my mouth and let him feed me the damn peach. I bit down on it in an attempt to not vomit. My stomach lurched but i swallowed forcing it down. I would not throw up in front of him. But after few long seconds a cool feel spread in m stomach and i sighed. The peach flavor lingering in my mouth. 

I peeked at him and he did a little victory bob of his head as he went back to finishing the plate. Oh boy what a day this will be.