14

The following few days were uneventful. Jami ended up having to work doubles so he couldn't come to the hospital yet. Leo was taking trips away a bit too. So i was back to sitting alone. However i was just looking forward to whoever entered the room next. They had taken up the liberty to come over when no one was around. Who was they?

Leo, Jami, Gena, Trinty, J, Cynthia and her girlfriend. I hadn't expected the couple to show up a few days ago but they did and it meant alot more then they probably thought. I felt wanted by people for once. As cringy as that was, i finally felt like i wasn't just waiting for the inevitable loneliness and instead welcomed the excitement of someone visiting. I shouldn't be. It's dangerous. Trusting people to feed me a bit of happiness. Trusting the emotions I feel. They could turn on a dime.

What of Gena and the girls. They'll turn on me the moment they figure out my past. Of course I could say fuck it and never say a word. Which is what I'm going to do regardless. But they always figure it out. Even the dumb ones figure it out and these woman were smart.

I had just gotten back from an x-ray and was patiently waiting for the doctor to arrive. The brace on my foot had begun to hurt and despite the pain the doctor was relieved. He mentioned feeling pain meant I wasn't paralyzed. Thank fuck!

However as Doctor Ali knocked and entered, the look on his face had anxiety flaring throughout my chest.

"So as you know. Your x-rays show bone and cartilage. All looks the same save for the healing it is attempting. However when I do this." He reached over and touched my toes which resulted in nothing. "Your lack of feeling and cognitive motion leads me to believe something in the upper portion of your calf was damaged. The discoloration in your toes show a lose of blood and or oxygen. The deep lines here and here," He pointed. "indicated vein damage as well as tissue and muscle lacerations. Without major surgery and extensive physical therapy, it honestly pains me to say but there may not be much that can be done for it. Going through with surgery could cause more damage and the outer reconstruction of your skin and tissue would be impossible due to the last of blood flow." He paused as I stared at him...

"We could do the surgery immediately. That should help with the regrowth." My comment was clipped my anger building steadily.

"In most cases yes if the patient financial aid and medical services. However if your circumstance. Your body wouldn't be able to handle it. With the damage to your side near and of your vital organs, these procedures can cause major complications. Not only to said organs but also you heart and lungs. The money would be the least of your concerns." He trail off and I felt like my body had been doused with ice water. I took a long moment to form words.

"Wha... Wh..." I took a deep breath.

"What can be done then." Ali filled in for me and I was subconsciously nodding. He sighed looking down at his hands before looking back to me. "We can simply open the artery that is blocked and sever the rest of your nerves there if you do not wish to live with pain. Then the leg will live without being used. Your use of a wheelchair and or crutches will continue. Or we can amputate the leg from knee down when your are healthier. You could use a prosthetic then. This option giving you the freedom to walk freely again." He said and I was frozen. We stared at each other for a while. He sighed closing his eyes

"I'm sorry G.... Wolf." I flinched pain blooming in my chest like fire. "I wish there was better news or progress I could give you. I wish I had results but unfortunately this is that your body and our medical advancements are capable of. I'll give your time to process. There is no need to be hasty. I understand the weight your balancing right now. Jackie will be in soon. Please take care of yourself we need you healthy to do anything for your benefit." He left then and I was Alone. 

I was completely alone. What where they gonna think.

Cripple...

Pathetic......

Attention Whore....

What would Leo think? Realizing just hoe much time he's wasting.

Jami. Realizing I'm over staying my already overstayed welcome.

I don't remember much. Just pure pain and agony pushing me back into that dark twisted place. I couldn't breath well. No one came then. No one showed up later.... No one...

Jackie didn't come in like the doctor mentioned. No one else visited like planned. Leo promised to be back by 9. Even in my meshed in thoughts I recognized the time on the blurry clock. Marking 12 past 11... Making it all another lie. No one showed up.

I was Alone.

Completely and utterly alone..