Epilogue

The light beaming on my face was warm as my consciousness came to me. A cloud. I was sleeping on a cloud. Slowly my body came to. The feeling of everything gracing my nerves as my limbs woke.

Slowly I peered my eyes open squinting at the large glass panes. The sliding door cracked open as a breeze broke through onto my face.

If you had asked me 2 years ago if I would have been waking up  in a massive bed soaking in the rays of the crisp Arizona sun, I'd have laughed. I would have spent hours reliving my depression and telling myself I would never be capable of that peace. But here I was. Drowning in perfect serenity. Well almost perfect.

I reached around in search of Leo. Knowing he had left our pillow cave hours ago. He was outside. Building that dumb ass building.

Sighing I slowly lent up my body aching. This month has been rough in a progressive sort of way. We had been working in our home.

That's right. Our home. 3 acres of land with a large 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath. It sounded small at first for the house but with the two of us we didn't care.

Then someone dumped 4 puppies on our lot in the middle of spring last year. So that's where Leo has been camping his time.

Building a dog barn for them to play inside and out without destroying our house. Oh they are just dogs....

250 pound dogs!!!!

These mutts were massive. What breed we have no idea. But they were big and very smart. They looked mixed and all almost identical. Save the unique personalities and spots along their ears and eyes.

Willow is our biggest and the boss. The female with a nasty attitude who only listens to Leo and I and no one else.

Brim is the second biggest. He's a lover with a very protective spirit. He and Willow fought us tooth and nail out of the pallets we had found them hiding under.

Theo was the lard ass. A fatty pure food disposable. He ate everything and chewed through nearly all of our things. Hence Leo building the dog barn for them. We also have yet to finish the fence line outside which also contributed to Leo's barn building decision. Honestly he's probably just having fun. Dion has joined him plenty of times and that keeps him motivated.

That leaves the runt. Our little Wolf. He is built similar to a wolf as he gets older. But he's smaller than his siblings. Leo had joked about us having our little wolf pack in tribute to my dead past. I shrugged it off while we juggled names back and fourth. The night our runt got his name, we were resting on the porch. My head on Leo's chest, Brim curled in my lap as the three of us cuddled on the deck couch. The other two older siblings sat at the foot of the couch while the pup sat several feet away. Always quite and distant. Coyotes began howling way out in the distance. The pup sat up throwing his head back in a soft howl causing his brothers and sister to  head tilt in confusion.

Leo had chuckled and taken my hand kissing it. "Our little Wolf." He had said and for some reason it fit so well. So yeah. We had quite the herd.

My phone pinged and I squinted down at it snapping me from my thoughts. Turning it on I took in all the emails and left over junk files I'd been receiving all weekend. I was a housing manager for both Leo and I's property, as well as Jami's Bar. But the one that pinged had my full attention.

Without skipping a beat I was up and calling Leo inside. When he heard my serious tone he was at the deck in seconds.

"What's going on?" He asked as he wrapped an arm around my waist to keep me steady on my foot.

"This is a privacy warning from Kate." I said showing him my phone. "They were on our property Leo...." I trailed off. Leo's metallic gaze narrowed onto my phone screen eyes not missing a single word or detail.