8

I woke to heavy beeping. It was so loud and obnoxious. My body was so hot. Everything was burning and i was being weighed down by something. 

"Welcome back. Can you hear me, ok?" I jumped at the voice above me. I tried to lean away cracking my heavy eyes open. Someone was above me they had a mask over their mouth. His brown eyes were analyzing me. But blurry smudges blurred my vision. "You're blinking your eyes, that's great." I swallowed roughly. What the hell was going on? "Wanna try giving us some words. Tell us your name." I glanced around the bright ass lights and the man moved the one above me away. I blinked rapidly.

"I..." I coughed hard pain exploding everywhere. I was so confused. "I.. what..?" My voice sounded like death.

"Start with your name." He said and i swallowed roughly.

"W..Wolf.." I trailed trying to look around.

"Good. My name is Doctor Ali. You're perfectly safe here in a bedroom at First Wing Crossing's Medical Hospital.  Now Wolf i want you to tell me the last thing you remember." The man, Ali, pulled his mask down so i could see his face. I squinted blinking away the pain as best i could. 

"I... i was with my friend. We crashed in..to a snow drift.... i.. i thought i was here already.. i was home and was sleeping. i'm ... what is going on i.. wher..."

"Okay. It's alright." He said while gently touching my arm. "I'll explain some. Okay?" He asked and i nodded a bit. The pain ricocheting through my body. "You were in a severe car accident and crashed into an oncoming vehicle. The side of the vehicle you were on was totaled due to the speed of the other car. This in turn spun your vehicle and you ended up under a snow drift. It is suspected you gained a concussion from the initial impact. As well as injuries to both your right wrist and right leg. You fell asleep after so long. We do not know the details only that when authorities arrived, it took an hour to pry your door open as the left side of the vehicle was pressed against a brick wall. All responders marked you as unresponsive." Ali stopped talking as i winced. My head was pounding horribly. 

"Why? Why cant i remember... i... thats not what happened.. it was just snow and..." 

"Sometimes our brains piece together the outcome. Especially if we have fallen asleep during something so traumatic." He continued after i paused.

"But... i went home.. i fell asleep at home. I was home.." 

"It's okay Wolf. Your safe here. It will make more sense when your not in pain and under I.V. meds. Why don't we ask you a couple more things and get you back some well need rest ya?" I didnt really know what else to do or say other than nodded and close my eyes. 

He asked me things here and there but i honestly just started ignoring them as exhaustion hit me.

*****

The beeping was back. But this time it was quiet. I cracked my eyes open to a dark room, the lights dim enough to see around easily enough. Trying to physically look around was rough but i succeeded. Not missing the fact that i was alone. I knew where i was. But i couldnt pinpoint where i had been. 

Leo....

I remember Leo. I was with him. But then i wasn't? I was home. I thought i was. I was dreaming? How much of that was a dream. Did we even talk. What in the hell was happening? My head began to hurt. The beeping was growing faster and i was getting irritated. Sighing with one last sweep of the room i closed my eyes. 

*****

The sand was thick like mud. But brittle. i remember my hair getting messy as i rolled down the hill. 

"Be careful beani!" I squealed in delight not a care in the world. I was watch from afar. Watching the young me.

I was dreaming. I knew it. This happens alot.