//Somethings up//

Friday...

Your POV

I sat at the kitchen table, the light above me displayed my paper that I had began drawing on.

For summer, it was pretty damn cold in my house.

Silence made its way through the air, soon blocked out with the slam of the door. I let out a annoyed grunt, she was home.

"Baby?" I her voice rang throughout my ears, into my mind making alarms instantly go off. Her shoes tapped against the wooden flooring, she let out a tired sigh as she plopped down on the chair besides me.

"What's wrong? Tell mama." She sighed once more, grabbing my chin and turned it to face her. Her s/c was covered with makeup, yeah, she was a hard working woman but the makeup always covered shit I had to know and who to fuck up.

"Nothing." I stated, looking away and let my focus trail to outside of the window.

"I'm not a kid anymore ma, I'm literally seventeen." I grunted, grabbing her wrist and pushed her arm away. "Don't need to be telling me again, it's clear my love isn't wanted here." She let out a dramatic sigh, almost like Jeff would.

Whenever he wanted to play.

"What'cha drawing?" She pointed to the stick figure on the dry paper, I became tense. I never liked discussing about my drawings, how would I tell her what it was when I didn't even know what it was?

"Mew."

My mood lighten up at the sound of the white cat, looking up from the page, Callie sat on the table. "Baby!" I chirped, reaching out my arms and picked her up, bringing her to my lap. "She's a big cat now." I heard mom exclaim besides me, I was surprised Callie even let her pet her. "She's been a big cat." I muttered, letting Callie down to go do cat things.

"What has grandma been up to?" She asked, sliding off her shoes and sat them down besides her.

"Work, gardening, trying to convince my ass to get a job and move out." I chuckled, my eyes were still stuck on the paper. "Sounds like grandma...Any boys or girls?" She cooed, resting her head on my shoulder. I bit the inside of my cheek, still working on getting some bitches part.

I mean, some sychotic emo would do...right?

That would get her off the topic of crushes and disgusting shit like that, speaking of Jeff, mother fuckers probably watching me somehow right now.

"Well, there's this gu-" I was cut off with the door opening and closing behind us, the sound of bags being hung up and shoes being put in place.

We both turned to see grandma, a tired expression was soon masked with a puzzled look. "Your home, M/n." She sighed, walking over she went to the fridge and pulled out a water.

"Yeah, I am, seeing my daughter." Mom tried her best not to yell, on mom's side we were known to be the kind to go ape shit on a lot of things. "I'm not saying anything, I'm glad we're all together as a family." Grandma smiled, leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Um, *cough* can I go to b/f/n's tomorrow for a sleep over or something?" I tried changing the subject, digging my nails into my thigh waiting for a good answer and no side tangent. "Why don't they ever come over here for a change?" Grandma asked, raising her eyebrow.

Shit.

"I mean, there's more stuff to do at they're house."
I spoke, glancing over at mom who had a smirk on her face. She must've been reliving her teenage years when she was in my place, trying to get away from Grandma and Grandpa's bullshit to go and party with dad.

"They live in the city, in an apartment Y/n, I think you two would have fun here. You don't go in the woods as much anymore, maybe you two can explore in the tree line and find some more junk to hord." She spoke, muttering the last part.
"Exactly, so if I go to they're house we can go to the parks and ride bikes." I went against her, trying my best not to use any hateful words.

"Just let her go, she's old enough to make her own decisions." My mother chimed in, resting her hand on my back. I still wore Jeff's sweatshirt, were they that blind not to notice blood and smell cigarette smoke lingering in the air?

"Fine, since your so good at making the right choices how about I let you be a mother for once and care for your child." Grandma hissed, the tension in the air was like a rope being tied around my neck, ready to push me off of my chair at any moment.

"Oh yeah, since you were just a splendid mother." My mom began, turning to face me, her eyes showed pure hatred for her own birth giver. "You can go to your friends house, don't listen to that old bag of fucking bones." She growled, glaring over at grandma and pushed herself off of her chair.

Walking away to the stairs, walking away from her problems like the usual.

"Don't ever be like that to your own mother when you grow up, Y/n, even for how...She isn't the best you should still treat her with respect through it all." She stated, walking over to me, she placed her hand where mom's was once a minute ago.

"Don't ever let a man have his way with you for the night, don't love anyone like I loved your grandfather...be an independent woman, be the change in this blood line for once."

And she walked off, towards the door.

She said she quit smoking, but we all knew she didn't. Whenever she would be out, I would slip a cigarette from her purse and have one myself.

But tonight that would be too risky.

Dad wasn't here, originally, he was in prison serving time for the murder of my uncle.
Dad didn't deserve it, he was only getting justice for me. Mom didn't believe me, the fucking police didn't believe me.

But dad did, and he made sure my justice came in blood.

He spent his time there for about ten years, writing letters and even phone calls. I remember the cool doodles he would draw for me, or in the notes about how when he got out we would move away to the city and start off new.

Untill, he was gone.

Just gone, no sign of him in his cell, only the air he once breathed.

They had found his bones about a year later, I would've been eight. They said there was no sign of death or puncture wounds, he just died.

I had just found out about this a year ago because mom let it slip in one of her arguments with Grandma, the much needed facts always come at a time when you need lies.

I don't know where he's barried, I don't know where my dad is.

I don't know where my mom is, I never met my mom. Only a friend that kept the name as 'mom', sure, she gave birth to me, kept me as her own. But I never got to know what it was like to have a decent mother, mom never grew up.

But Grandma did the job of raising me, showed me what it was like to have a mother.

Grandpa, liked me.

We would always go fishing, hunting, anything that would be classified as a 'mans' hobby. Probably because none of my cousins were males, and neither was I. Sometimes I would wake up in the morning and wish I was, but that was just foolish of me.

Really foolish, to believe I was a different gender.

I was always good at digging into the minds of others, from just little body movement it would be obvious to what they were thinking of they're next move would be.

"Your nose, it's bleeding."

My eyes shot Infront of me, revealing the black haired boy. He hid in the shadows of the kitchen, but I could see his combat boots that led to his legs. "I-I know." I spoke, reaching up to my top lip and felt a wet substance.

"Your ma and grandma always fight like that?"

He heard.

"No, it just happens sometimes." I muttered, trying to think of a plan. The knife drawer was about a foot away from the table, if he tried to pull something I could easily slice him.

"Don't think about it, Y/n, I'm not here to hurt you."

It's like he knows my every move.