// Jolly Jack //

Later that night...

~in dreamland~

My eyes felt tired, my body felt light.

I pushed myself off of a hard ground as I observed the place that surrounded me, looking around, I was in a circus tent.

Except, it was someones circus tent, like a gypsy at the fair with a bed and makeup table. My legs took me to the mirror, I felt the lace of my f/c dress brush up against my thighs as I walked.

I rested my hands on the cold white wooden table, inspecting my face due to the thick layer of what seemed to be makeup that layered it.

Once I looked into the mirror, it appeared I had f/c themed clown makeup on. My eyes, blank, no color or anything.

No pupils.

Just white, black mascara covered my long eyelashes and ran down my cheeks as if I had spent my week sobbing over some guy in the movies.

"Holy shit!" I shouted, stepping back, my dress shoes made me stumble back even more. "Young lady! That foul language is certainly not welcome here!" I heard a scratchy voice announce above me, catching me from falling onto the carpeted floor.

I recognized the voice.

"Jack?"

Once I gained balance I looked up to meet the gaze of the black and grey clown, his black overalls a bit dusty while his black and white sweatshirt hung loosely to his skinny frame. "Y/n! Such glad you could make it for the show! So long, I've missed you lots!" He exclaimed, his British accent heavier than I remembered it, picking me up by the sides and pulled me in for a hug.

He smelled sweet, just sweet.

Jack was a imaginary friend, the one who protected me from the others. Always led me to the woods to play, or we would sometimes have our own fun.

Which was trouble.

The old rabbit hut was placed in the backyard, just happened Jack had found a knife my size that day and wanted me to test it out saying it was a game "determining our friend ship."

Led me to the poor creatures, explaining how to do it.

And being the good little kid I was, I did it.

Almost got put into a damn mental hospital because of him, but all of my madness stopped once the faceless man came around and Jack left.

At the time, I didn't know why.

Turns out, I was going to be another victim but my lucky ass got saved due to my name being on the monsters little list for workers.

But here's Jack, good 'ol Jack holding me in his long arms giggling of excitement.

"Dear, dear Y/n, I've seen all of the madness in your life! Your poor soul doesn't deserve that nonsense." He sighed, setting me down. I raised my eyebrow, it was hard due to It being drawn on. "I know everything, Y/n, those monsters have taken your life away!" He furrowed his eyebrows, his black hair swayed as he became frustrated.

"You know them?..." I asked, Crossing my arms over my stomach. "Well, they're friends of mine...I tried convincing them to back off, believe me! But nooo! no one listens to 'ol Jolly Jack!" He scoffed, walking over to his makeup desk and picked up a black lip stick.

He fixed his lip stick, his frown soon replaced with a smile.

"Atleast you tried..." I tried comforting him, walking over and rested my hand on his lower back. "Yes, but trying is never enough." He sighed, turning around and grabbed my hands in his claw like ones.

"Your all grown up my friend, dont you miss our fun times?" He smiled.

"Fun times".

Killing creatures in the woods.

Setting up "pranks" for mom and grandma, some blood was drawn.

"I miss you, that's all." I spoke, looking up to his grey eyes. How could I forget them? How could I forget him after what happened to him and his first friend?

"I miss you aswell, Friend." He hugged me, burying my face into his stomach and bandages.

How could I forget a dear friend after all of our fun times?

Getting hit over the head, that's how

Everything goes blank, including the ones you once loved.

Waking up, Jack was a no body to me.

And so was the world.

~End of dream~

I woke up in the middle of the night, looking around.

I plopped back down as Callie layed besides me.

"Jack..." I spoke out loud, his grey eyes watched me in the dark.

"Jack, my old jolly friend." I smiled.

Unconsciously I grabbed the small box like object on my stomach, feeling the old wood as the rusty crank stood out, it called out for me to twirl it but I resisted the urge.

my mind felt stumped, what did it mean I when I would forget?

_________________________________________

Don't know if it be me or my past that people judge.

Whatever it is, shits still following me like a damn ghost.