//Work more, Sanity less//

Monday, June 10th

8:40 am

Your POV

I pumped my legs as fast as my bike could go, speeding down the side of the road.

The morning fog slapped me in the face, but was refreshing. Some cars drove past me, giving me side glances and waves making me drive the bike like a horse to avoid contact.

"C'mon!" I growled, I could see the super market ahead of myself, but there was a dumbass minivan stopping at a stop light in my way.

I leaned to one side, foot on the cracked cement of the road waiting for the light to turn green.

"Finally." I whispered, kicking my kick stand back up and continued biking to my location. I followed the van, it pulled into the super market which made me think why anyone would be so anxious to be there before opening hours.

I parked on the side of the building, my leg took me to the front to spot two familiar brown eyes.

My breath became stuck in my throat, but my legs forced themselves towards the man in the red flannel.

"Figured you'd be here." He huffed once I reached him, he was leaned up against the old mail car.
"Yeah." I cracked a smile, but my heart was racing.

How did he know I would be here?!...

"I thought me and Brian told you not to go near the woods, those people who work for it." He scowled, like a old dad when his daughter was caught smoking cigarettes in the bathroom with her friends. "What are you talking abou-" "there's no point in lying, Y/n." He stated, with a huff he pulled out a pack of Marlboros and lit up one of the cigarettes with his yellow lighter.

"Want one?"

"No."

"Suit yourself." He shrugged, shoving the pack back into his jeans pocket. Truth was, I did need one, but who would say yes at this time of morning?

I waved and went to turn on my heal, only to get called back. "We're still not finished." Tim coldly stated, his once fluffy personality was gone in the cold breeze that past by my face. "I see that, Tim." I huffed, opening hours were only twenty more minutes away and I wasn't looking forward to having B/f/n fired.

Looked like Tim had other ideas, he pulled out his car keys and walked to the driver's seat.

He paused, his hazel eyes locked with mine for a few seconds, words came out of his mouth making my fear for him only grow: "throw that old electronic away, it will only be trouble for us in the future."

And then he drove off.

Time skip~

"Did you find your grocery's easy today? Sir?" I asked, looking up to the man. He looked as if he had just got done with work. Well yeah, it was five in the afternoon so people would be getting done with they're jobs to go home.

Not me though.

"Yeah." He smiled, grabbing some of the bags from the person that bagged his food. I think his name was Isaac or something, he had black hair, I figured Latino. "Good." I returned the gesture and gave him his change, leading to him being our last customer.

"Thank god." Isaac huffed, walking up to me with his apron.

"Can you take this back to the main office? I need to head home early." He spoke, more in a annoyed grunt. "Sure." I replied, returning the energy.
"Oh yeah, I never caught your name...B/f/n talks about you alot but I just can't put my mind on it right now." He paused, looking at me like a math problem. He said it as to start up a conversation, maybe he really didn't have to go home so early.

"It's Y/n." I stated, my eyes trailed off to the doors that displayed the empty parking lot.

"Thanks for letting me know, might come in handy for the future." He smiled, turning on his heal and walked off. "Fucking weirdo." I muttered, turning around the cash register and walked to the back of the store where the main office was located.

Flipping on the light, I walked to the far back and hung up Isaac's uniform apron onto the coat rack.

"Who were you talking to?"

I froze, almost dropping the apron. My mind recognized the voice, how could it after it's been around for so long?

"A co-worker, no one to fuss over Jeff." I stated, turning around to face the killer. "Anyone who fusses over you, I fuss with them." He coldly stated.

The girls in the movies make this look romantic, but it's nothing more than just plain weird and frightening.

"Why? Do you own me?" I narrowed my eyes, I was willing to fuck with him because I knew he wouldn't have the balls to hurt someone who has helped him so much.

A smile grew on his face, even under his dark locks I could see his stone cold orbs. "No, but I would like to." Those words melted out of his lips, as if a lie that was accidentally spoken.

He realized his whole "nice guy" act was blown.

"Dream Jeff, dream on and on because that will never happen." I growled, hanging up my apron and went to leave for the door.

"Who says it will? I just want to see my friend." His words felt like venom dripping into my mind, coated with sugar. He blocked my exit point with his arm, as if it would stop me... but it did.

"Good day, Jeffery." That made something go off in his head, he quickly retreated his arm back to his side as he looked down on me with a blank expression. "I'm sorry, I can't control it." He whispered, but I wasn't going to be a fish and get caught on his line to hear his whole life story.

"It's okay." I gave a fake smile, and made my way out.

Once I got outside and to my bike, I rode as fact as my sore legs could. Zooming past old cars in traffic, getting hollered at by people in the sidewalk.

The humming grew and grew, instead of honey being made, it was blood being stolen.

Throughout all of the noise, the bees yelling grew louder and more violent in my never quiet head, begging for the crimson waters soon to come once the moon glowed in my...

Dark.

Dark.

Eyes, a smile like no other.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a mental note on Isaac, he may or may not be an important part in the last book...

Definitely wasn't a filler chapter haha 😝💅

Anyways, hope you all have a good day/ night! Remember to vote or comment so y'all can lmk if people actually enjoy reading this....

Don't forget to check out my other two books once done reading this one, story just gets better. Why do I feel like a ad lady selling random shi rn 🤧.

Also...Should I try to fit Lui in this book?