PART TWO // Swim with Me //

Five hours later...

Your POV

"Twenty minutes, go swimming for a break." Brian huffed, setting down my bow against the bark of the tree. I didn't understand how he wanted us to go swimming, in the lake that was now covered of fog...

AND IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING AUTUMN.

My boots thumped against the muddy forest floor as Toby led me down a trail, explaining how this was the spot where they usually swam during the summer and after intense training sessions...said the water had healing powers of some sorts.

If BEN, and Sally and all of the other creatures were real...I'm sure what Toby was telling me was the truth as well.

"Here, I love how it looks so mysterious..." Toby smiled, looking over the lake. It drew me in, the fresh blue color made my heart pang.

I wanted to dive in, so deep, to the point it didn't matter if I drowned.

I began to slide my sweatshirt off, revealing my loose f/c T-shirt. Walking closer, I slid my boots off and tossed them to the pile where I had set my sweater shirt near the Tree Toby was standing near. The mud was cold under my feet, the crystals in the water shined.

Across the lake, I saw a wall...brick wall with spray paintings that reached from one side of the lake to another. "DONT ENTER" and "THEY LIVE IN THESE WOODS" were spray painted on the red walls, as if it was a border of some sort.

My h/c h/l hair drifted in the breeze, going against my flesh. Sliding down my shorts/pants, I threw them over by my other clothes. Stepping into the waters, I expected a cold electric shock to run through my bones but instead I was met with warm waters. Taking another step, my goose bumps had disappeared as I felt renewed...fresh.

A sudden image popped up in my mind as I watched the sand float around my bare feet while I wiggled my toes.

...

A boy with blonde hair sunk into the depths of water, the small boat of his father's sat on the surface of the lake. His one arm extended ahead of himself up to the sun light as he was pushed down by the class of fish, the air bubbles left his now cold lips into the green water.

"Why did you let me drown?" He whispered to the fish as his father's shadow loomed over him on the surface, his eyes now we're stung red with tears and unwanted water.

..

I gulped, the boys red eyes played over in my mind.

Turning, I faced Toby as his arms hung loosely by his sides while he stared at me like a lost star. His eyes were already on me, his cheeks dusted with a haze of red as his mask was slid down.

"How good can you swim?" I asked, looking over my shoulder as I let the waves brush up against my bare legs. I didn't like how I was just in my underwear and shirt, but Toby wouldn't mind right? Oh, I hope I didn't make him uncomfortable.

The clouds shaded us from the sun, the water and rocks warmed my soul.

I could hear Kate and Tim, along with Brian make their way down the steep hill down to us through the trail, Tim ranting about something.

"Uh...I can swim pretty girl...Good! Fuck! I can swim pretty good!" He called out, it almost sounded as if he said "pretty girl". I smiled as I watched Toby struggle to take off his shirt and shorts. Once his sweatshirt and shorts were slipped off, he tossed them over next to mine on the tree stump. As soon as he got the chance, he ran out to me in only his blue loose boxers, like a dog he splashed in the blue waters over to me.