//Trust us//

Two days later...

Your POV

I sat on the front porch, waiting for the mail.

The last time I did that, I met a random guy that I'm apparently friends with now so that's cool.

The sound of a old car filled my ears, making me open my eyes to see the mail car stopped at the mail box. I saw a man in a red flannel step out, he got back into his car and drove up to the house
When he got out, his immediate gaze was on me making chills run down my spine.

"We need to talk, alone."

Tim made his way up to me, once he reached the steps I was sitting on he only looked down on me.

"What's up?" I asked in a calm voice, when really, I was ready to get the fuck out of there knowing damn well this guy was bad news.

"Brian wants to meet up, there's this old wearhouse that he believes that could give us more clues on this creature and how to go against it." He stated, trying to lure me in with a shitty fishing pole. I may be dumb, but I'm not dumb enough to bite on five years old bate.

"Sure, that should work." But I did bite down on it.

His tired expression grew to a smile, sliding his hands out of his pockets he handed me a wrinkled up piece of paper. I grabbed it, inspecting it, to me it looked like a map.

"Anything new?" Tim asked, taking a seat besides me on the steps. The humid summer air made my shirt stick to my flesh, my hair was loosely held up in a pony tail. Having long/short hair was always a hassle either way, made me want to cut the useless shit off.

My mascara was rubbed underneath my eyes, only adding more to my tired expression.

"The boy, BEN." I huffed, my throat had began to grow dry from Tim's presence. As if he didn't like the man being around me, saw him as a threat.

"Hm, I've heard of it." Tim spoke in an unsure manner, tapping his fingers against the old wood of the porch. "and Jeff." I added, scratching the back of my neck while my shoulders slumped forward. "When?" Tim asked concerned, looking over at me. "After work, he snuck into the back room." I mumbled, I felt so worn out.

"Did he do anything to you?"

"No, no, just had a little speech about how I was his or some shit." I chuckled, straightening my posture making my bones crack. "If you see him again let me know, I'll have to talk with him." He scowled, a sudden gust of cold air brushed past my face. "How do you know him?" I asked, It was a question that had lingered in my mind for awhile. "I..." He didn't answer, this only made my trust for him go down.

"We were old friends, workers I guess."

"Thats cool."

~time skip~

With the turn of the keys, the engine stopped.

Tim had offered me a cigarette, which I agreed to.

We sat on the side of the old building, it's cement walls were covered with graffiti and pretty cool paintings. Tim took in his last drag and put his cigarette out, flicking it out of the rolled down window.

I was slumped in the passenger seat, my shorts had allowed my thighs to get stuck to the leather seats making me wince in pain when I tried to move them.

"Well, here we are." Tim sighed, sliding his car keys into his breast pocket. "Yup." I huffed, taking in the last of the cigarette and flicked it out of my window as well. The woods was silent, which made it much more calmer.