Description

Have you ever just look up to the sky and ask the Moon Goddess "Why?"

I have.

I do it every single night for the past four years. I don't know if I'll have a second chance mate. I doubt the Moon Goddess would bless me with one when I literally killed my own mate with my own two hands.

Now, Dominic. Dom. He deserves one. His died the night of our Ball. He seen her from afar a few weeks back. Just for a second. We were in such a hurry in our Village that he never got the chance to talk to her. He never got the chance to know her. I however, was cursed with a mate that betrayed me before I even knew who she was. I never got the chance to know her either.

Once I heard her talking about ending our family. The thought of a mate I had went out into the forest. My mother. My fathers. My brothers. My sisters. Harlee! Who could do harm to her? She's just sweet and innocent. She's my baby sister. I didn't care for her explanations. I cared and loved my family more. To Odin and I she was a trespasser. She was the enemy. So, I killed her before she could do harm to our people. To my family. To my friends. It was her or all of them. I picked them. I would rather have her blood on my hands than have the entire pack. The entire clan. My entire family's blood on my hands. So I killed her without a second glance. I killed her with no emotions. After that night. I changed and it wasn't for the best. I changed and became colder. If I get a second mate, if she blesses me, I will reject her. Having that betrayal from a mate does something to a person. My views on mates changed. I will never have what my family has. What my parents have. The love my fathers hold for my mother. The looks my fathers give my mother. I won't have any of that. Like I said I never expected to have a second mate. But when she came bouncing up the stairs to hand us our drinks. I was utterly fucked.

When "Mate" escaped my lips I nearly died.

Fuck.

Why did she have to show up now? Why couldn't I have been blessed being mateless. It would make everything so much easier. But than again nothing is easy in my life.

Do I trust her or do I reject her?

Will the past repeat itself?

Or will this lilac haired cherry blossom eyed mate win over my icy cold heart?