Chapter 27

Osiris:

The sun shines through the small crack in my curtains. I groan in annoyance of the light.

Seriously?

I need to invest in better curtains. This happens every morning. I swear.

I quickly shower and get dressed. I walk out my door as Persephone is coming out of her's. As we get beside Dominic's door, he too is walking out of his. We all three walk together down to the dining room. Payton and Harlow as a few feet behind us. I can feel her tense up at the fact they are near us. I know Dominic can feel it too. He slows his steps down and gets behind both Persephone and I. When he does this; the tension in her body rolls off of her and she begins to relax again. It puts both his and my mind at ease.

I just hope those two can repair the damage they have done. They better repair it fast.

We make our way to the table; she sits down in one chair leaving one open at each side of her. Dominic takes the left chair and I take the right. Harlow and Payton have to take the chairs in across of us again. You can see the hurt in their eyes right before they mask it. She usually will sit with them almost all the time. She always felt comfortable next to them so she would be able to see Dominic and I from across the table. The roles are reversed and it feels a mixture of weird but relief that she is now relaxed with us two like she used to be with them. They were her shoulders, her safe place, her comfortable. I just hope it turns back normal soon but instead of just those two being those things for her. We all four are.

That's my only hope.

My only wish at this moment.

Breakfast is served and we all begin to eat. She talks to all of us and somewhat acknowledges the two that's pissed her off.

Slow baby steps I see.

It's progress and I'll take that little progress for now.

When breakfast is over; she begins to walk to the back door for training. This shocks all four of us. She wants to train?

"Are you four coming or just going to stand there?" She calls from the back door.

We all start to shove each other out of the way. Each one trying be get to her first. She shakes her head and takes off towards the training fields as we still continue our shoving match. Eventually Dominic and I were the first out the door while Payton and Harlow trail behind us. We reach the training fields after she has. She's twirling around in circles looking carefree. I love this side of her.

"Let's just work on basic fighting in vampire form. The three working together will come eventually. At some point." Dominic says.

She stops twirling and plops down on the grass; waiting for someone to either demonstrate or tell her what to do. She looks like a child waiting for a story to be told.

"Okay, first things first. Get off the grass." I howl out in laughter.

"You can't learn anything by sitting on that pretty ass." Dominic says in between his laughs.

"Simply get into your normal fighting stance and have at it with Harlow." I tell her.

"We'll correct you as you go." Dominic says.

"Or when one of you beat the hell out of the other." I joke.

She gives both us them a glare but when she glances at us; she just smiles. She probably isn't in the mood to fight with either of them. But, if they can just get their frustrations out than maybe they'll go back to talking again. We haven't seen him give her random piggybacks rides around the house. You don't see her and Payton curled up in the library reading. You don't hear them making her laugh. They don't joke around. It's like each one in the past 24 hours have been walking on eggshells or just completely ignoring the other. They need to get back connected and if it ends up with the guys having black eyes. So be it.