Chapter 1

Osiris:

It's been 4 years since the day I killed my own mate. Since the day my hands were stained with her blood. It has been 4 years since Dominic's mate was murdered and threw onto our doorsteps. It has been 4 years that I have become a cold-heartly, ruthless killing machine.

My parents think I have gone insane. Like I just snapped and turned my humanity off.

I can seriously do that!?

I don't interact much with my younger siblings. Hell, even Harlow and I are constantly down each other's throats. The two people who agree and stand by my ways are Dominic, who's mate was bloody murdered before he even got a chance to actually meet her. Instead, he was met with her lifeless, cold, and dead body. He vividly remembers her lifeless golden honey eyes. The image of his mate is forever drilled into his skull. He understands me more than anyone.

Lastly, is my sister Brynlee. She is supposed to act like a princess, but she never did really. She was a troublemaker like I was growing up. Once I've came closed off and distant. She's became how I used to be. She constantly was in fights. Constantly going against our parents. She's became our sidekicks. A tick in my fur that I couldn't get rid of even if I truly wanted to. She's the only person that can get my stoned face to even remotely crack a smile.

Dad and me. Well, we see eye to eye. So do my other fathers. They would be just like I am if mom ever died. My mom tries to make everything better, but she just does not get it. I can't be fixed. I'm forever broken and so is Dominic. We can't become Kings like we trained all our lives.

Yes, I could...

Well, we could pick a choosen mate.

However, we don't even want a mate.... Ever again... Mates make you weak. They just destroy you in the end. Harlow and Payton have yet to find theirs. Once they do, they can take their rightful place on the throne. I just hope nothing happens to their mates, so they don't end up like us. Dominic and I are broken. Dominic is a complete shell of himself. My caring, smiling, and laughing brother has turned into a stony-hearted dick. Everyone else would be lucky when he does communicate with them. He does not have these long explanations, his long stories, this place doesn't fill up with his heart felt laughs. Honestly, that is what I think our mother misses the most. When we would cut up, when we would joke around, when we would just laugh to laugh. I wish I could go back and change everything. I would, if it would honestly make my mother happy. Not the forced smiles she does now when she sees the both of us. It kills me to see her like this, but I can't change who I am. I can't fix the broken. I can't make my lunatic of a wolf to be sane again. We killed our fucking mate, that does tremendous damage to a wolf. Mom said since she's turning 39 and our fathers are 42; if Harlow and Paxton don't find their mates then she will convince our fathers to let all four of us to have the throne. If not all four of us than at least Harlow and Payton. They truly have worked hard for this. Our fathers were our role models going up. They need this more than I do. Like I said I'm broken.

Unfixable.

Damaged.

'Enough of this bullshit.' I think to myself.

We all have to get ready to head to our favorite restaurant. Uncle Luke, Dixon, Sebastian, Landyn, Aunt Marissa and Adne will with us along with our cousins. We all head towards the restaurant. We get there astoundingly quickly. We are taken to our normal section and we all take our usual seats. You can hear Harlow and Paxton smell the air.

Literally, they are smelling the air.

What shocks me is when Dominic starts to smell the air. When I finally get hit with the smell. I sniff again and the scent is getting stronger. Odin my wolf starts to stir which is rare; he hasn't really stirred much in the last 4 years. It smells like a Rain Forest with a hint of cherry blossoms. The scent is getting stronger and all four of our heads snap to the direction of the stairs. Walking up the stairs comes a lilac haired girl with eyes that remind me of cherry blossoms. The scent has become stronger the closer she gets.