Chapter 33

Payton:

As I walk out of my room and down the hall for breakfast. Something collides with me. I turn around and see it's her. All I can do is grunt because I know she won't say a damn word to me. Why even bother? I'm halfway in the process of turning back round when she stops me in my tracks.

"My apologies! I didn't mean to run into you." She says lightening fast.

"It is fine." I grumble out.

I turn on my heels and leave because she won't say anything else. Why bother when my heart will just get stomped over again and again.

I take my usual seat and leave the one chair empty for I don't even know what reason. As I'm eating I glance to the side of me and see she's in the empty seat now.

"I think she's lost." Harlow mumbles.

"Or she has amnesia." I fire back.

I mean she has to right?

As I'm trying to eat she keeps bouncing her legs up and down. She does this when she thinks too much or when she's nervous. It's a really bad habit that gets on my nerves.

"Will you fucking stop?" I groan in annoyance.

"Sorry." She mumbles.

She ends up messing up Harlow's food which makes him snap. She leaves the dining room with his old place and once she's out of sight. Everyone begins to hammer us with everything they've got.

"Dude! What the hell was that about?" Dominic growls.

"Why don't you ask miss knock water in my food?" Harlow snap back.

"Why do you have to be an ass to her." Osiris snarls.

"Why does she have to bounce her legs up and down knowing it gets on my fucking nerves?" I scream.

"Why can't you two see she's trying here?" Mother comments.

"Open those eyes you two." Father Orion states.

"Or what?" I fire back.

"Or you'll loose your damn mate!" Father Dimitri screams.

"She hasn't tried in the past however long!" Harlow snaps back.

"Why should we?" I states my question.

"Yes she has." Bexlee comments.

"When?" Harlow fires back.

"The past few weeks. She sneaks into the library hoping Payton is in there. When he isn't she walks back to her room. Not before stopping at his door. She has a war in her head when she just stands there debating on to knock or not." Osiris answers.

"She looks for Harlow at the waterfall. Yet he's never there when she goes. She tries to make it seem like she isn't trying or she doesn't care. But if you look at her actions more than what you want to see. You'll see it effects her more than you think." Dominic states what he's seen.

"How about how she just happened to sit beside you two and not Osiris and Dominic. I mean that's a big tell tell sign. Right?" Brynlee snaps her comment out in the open.

We all shut up and watch as Persephone begins to pick her dishes up and walk back into the kitchen. She comes back out with fire in her steps. When she sees us looking at her; she bolts out the room. Harlow is the first to jump from his seat. I rush after her and pass Harlow on the stairs. I catch up to her in the hall. I hold her upper arm and she stops. I bend down next to her ear.

"I am honestly sorry for how I have acted just now." I confess.

"You're forgiven." She whispers out.

She talked and it stunned me. My grip loosens and she quickly walks to her room. I walk back downstairs and quickly eat my breakfast. Osiris wants us in his office to go over some things. As we finish up; a soft tap echoes the room.

"Come in." Osiris softly says.

In walks our mate. She looks shocked to see us and begins to walk backwards.

"Oh shit. I'll just come back later. Or something. Sorry." She says in a hurry.

"You're fine mate. You can come in." Dominic says with a chuckle.

"I feel like I'm intruding so I'll just leave. Sorry. You guys can continue once I leave." She rambles on and on like always.

"She's saying sorry a lot today. Don't you think Harlow?" I comment.

"Well because I am sorry. I'm intruding and what I needed isn't really that important. I just needed his printer." She responds back.

"Here let's get that set up for you. You can print whatever it is you needed. We weren't in an important meeting. So, you weren't intruding love. Come." Osiris tells me.

"Are you s....." She pauses from my voice.

"If she said sure at the end of that sentence; I'm going to make her piss her pants." I threaten with a small smile on my face.

She comes in and sits the furthest from us; on the unused couch. She begins to type away like flash and with minutes she is already finished and printing off her papers.

She kisses Osiris on his head. She round the table and kisses Dominic on his forehead. She stops at my chair and kisses my cheek and proceeds to do the same to Harlow. Both Harlow and I are shocked over her actions. She leaves the room and closes the door softly behind her. We're in this office for thirty minutes before Osiris dismisses everyone.

I walk upstairs and hour after leaving the office. I spent an hour in the library thinking of todays events and the past few months. How I handled things was the best. How we all acted wasn't the best either. I open my door to see a paper on the floor. I pick it up and see the background is the sunrise. The words are in a dark grey color.

'Be ready at 1AM. Don't skip dinner. Meet at the koi pond. I'll be waiting. Remember 1AM at the koi pond. Don't forget. See you soon.'

I read the letter over and over.

Who the hell wrote this?

Who put this here?

Why?

I eat dinner and see Harlow nor Persephone is at dinner tonight. Where the hell are they? After dinner I take a nap so I'll be somewhat awake at 1 in the damn morning. I wake up at midnight and quickly get changed. I throw on my black joggers and light blue hoodie. I throw on my shoes and walk out. As I round the koi pond I hear a movie playing in the background. As I come around the side I see Persephone looking into the koi pond.

"Wrong person I presume?" I comment.

"Actually! No! It went to the correct human. Would you like to go on this date with me?" She rushes out and asks.

"A date?" I say surprised.

"A date." She comments with a soft smile.

"Of course." I say as I walk up to her.

I pick her up and kiss her cheek softly. I place her back on the ground and see there's a blanket, snacks, and a movie.

Not any movie.

My favorite movie.

Stepbrothers.

"We have this date until 6 am. I figured movie under the night sky, snacks, and watch the sun rise together?" She says more of a question.

"Sounds perfect!" I reply back with a bright smile.

We start off watching the movie. We ended up not clothed and not pg friendly. As the sun began to rise; we both watched maybe five seconds of it before our eyelids couldn't hold up any longer. We pass out by the koi pond with a movie playing in the background.

My only thought playing in my head before I fell asleep was this isn't how I thought tonight would end.

Fully mated with my mate under the stars.

Holy shit!

Word Count: 1317

Book Total: 56,413

A/N:

I won't be doing any sex scenes in this book at the moment. When I edit the book later on; I might add them in. But at the current no sec scenes. Sorry guys.