Chapter 8

Osiris:

It's like my soul is being sucked out of my body. I no longer have control over it. My soul rises higher and higher above the ground. As I glance around, I can see my own body.

Lifeless.

Doctors are trying to keep me alive but my monitor is flat.

Did I just die?

Wait, why are people rushing in the halls?

My soul having it's own mind begins to float toward the rushing nurses and doctors. Following close behind. They all split up and enter three other rooms.

My brothers!

I watch as they work on each brother. Each one lifeless like myself.

Are their souls leaving their bodies as well?

Are they dead?

I can hear screaming in the halls. When I float out of Payton's room. The screams are coming from my mom.

MOM!

Shit!

I want more than anything in this world, to comfort and throw my arms around my mom. Before I could try to comfort her even if it's just me being a soul as all, all I want to do is comfort my mom. Instead I'm moving away from her. Away from my fathers. Like my soul is getting lifted higher in the air. Above our castle and into the clouds in a blink of an eye. Before I could process what the hell is actually happening. Everything goes dark.

When I get my sight back, I'm standing in a field. It's daylight.

How?

It was just dark outside the castle?

By the field there's splashing noises. I follow the sounds of the splashing and come face to face with a young lady.

When she turns around to face me, if I was in my body still. I would say my face would be white as paper.

Delaney.

How?

She's dead?

Fuck I'm really dead!?

"Delaney?" I whisper out.

It's like the wind carried my whisper because she turned around after her name left my lips. Her eyes shine bright as she lifts her arm up and waves.

"Osiris! You come? I just talked to Dominic like a few minutes ago!" She calls out with a smile.

Dom was here?

Is he dead?

He has to be?

"Where am I?" I ask her.

"In the in between Osi." She answers softly.

"Why am I? Wait, we're in.... In-n Th-eee B-etw-eennn.!?" I stutter out.

"Yes silly. It's where lost souls go. Where they have to decide if they want to die or live." She explains.

"Die or live?! Wait! Why are you here? You died years ago!?" I all but yell.

"Osiris! Darling!" A voice calls out to me.

"She's calling you." Delaney says with a soft smile.

"Who?" I ask.

"The moon goddess." She whispers out.

Before I could decide to either go towards the voice or stay where I'm standing. Im am pulled towards it anyways.