Chapter 5

Dominic:

Watching your brother, who's probably the strongest of us four, get annihilated before you. It makes the three of us feel his pain. We feel the hit. We can feel the magic the rogue witch is using. We can feel him slowly drift off. We can feel his heartbeat slowly beating. We can feel everything. But to watch him get hit so hard and to feel what he feels; it's scary. I push my paws further into the dirt. My towering wolf's paws are making the ground rattle.

"Payton come with me. You get the witch and I'll get the mongrel on Osiris. Harlow go protect Persephone!" I link both my brothers.

Payton is by my side as we barrel through enemies. Once we see Osiris in the clearing at the bottom; we both split up. All four of his paws are digging into the ground. Once he's in the tree line; he quickly shifts into his vampire form. I watch as he stealthily makes his way behind the witch. In one swift motion her head is snapped clean off her shoulders. I'm digging harder into the ground. Once I make it to Osiris and this smelly mongrel; I plow right into his side. This causes the wolf to left go of Osiris. All three of us roll further down the hill. Payton comes in a blur down the hill; still in his vampire form.

"Help the others!" I tell Payton through our link.

I watch as he runs back up the hill in a blur. Once we have stopped rolling; I can see Osiris's chest barely moving. His eyes are closed. The movement to my left tells me our guest has come to his senses again. His head snaps to my direction as he snarls. I stand protectively over Osiris's weaken state. He charges right for us. I quickly get on my hind legs and start to slash at the wolf. His claw has pierced the side of my lung but that doesn't stop me from protecting my brother. He runs quickly around us as I am still stand over Osiris. He lunges to my right and I snap my jaws on his ear. I shake my head vigorously and soon his ear is in my mouth. I drop his disgusting ear on the ground. He whines and racks his paw over his ear. As I stand tall over my brother. I snarl and snap back at him which he runs to the left. Before he could attack I shift and face him head on while I'm towering over my unconscious brother. He lunges forward again. However this time I am able to dodge his attack and snap my jaws around his neck. In one powerful bite his neck snaps. I sling his filthy body down the hill. I grab Osiris by his wrist and start to drag my brother back up the hill. I can feel his weaken heartbeat still. Which makes me pull a little harder and move a lot faster.

He needs a doctor now.

No he needs mom.

I make it back up the hill and quickly look for my mother. I can't see her nor can I feel her in this area. Shit! Where is she?! Twigs are snapping which makes me drop Osiris's arm from my mouth. I get in my fighting stands and stand over Osiris. More rogue wolves and a witch comes into view.

You have got to fucking kidding me right now!

Three wolves start to circle both of us. I don't know which one to go for. One lunges to my left which I slap my claws down on his back. The second lunges to my right and bites down on my hind leg. The third comes from the rear and slams his teeth into my spine. I start to buck to get the fucker off me but his teeth dig deeper into my skin and spine. I let out a painful howl which is returned in the distance.

Help will be here soon. I just have to hold on a little longer. Just a while longer. I have to protect the youngest of us four. Even if it costs me my life.

The harder I try to get this cowboy bucking wolf off me. The harder he bites down. I can't shake the bitch off me. Soon I'm barely able to move from the pressure on my spine. I hear chanting and the witch in her black cloak is closer than before.

Great this is how I die?!

Soon I'm immobilized. I can't move a single muscle. The second wolf takes her chance. Her cheating ass chance. She lunges forward and her jaws are wrapped around my throat. Slowly she starts to squeeze. My eyes slowly start to fade as I lay on top of my brother. I can hear twigs snapping and when I move my eyes to where the noises are coming from.

I see my family.

I see my mom.

I see my brothers.

I see my fathers.

I see our warriors.

Mother flicks her wrist and the witch is slammed into the ground. Vines have grown around her body and her wrists. Slowly I'm able to function again. I see Payton in vampire form than like the wind he is gone. The two wolves on me have now been removed. On one side of me has the one wolf that was on my back with his throat ripped out. The wolf that was on my neck is to the other side of me with her spine completely removed from her back. Payton is next to me helping me up while blood is dripping from his hands and mouth.

Definitely need a shower after this.

I watch as our mother is crumbling to the ground at the sight of Osiris. Out of everyone here talking; I can only hear my mother's wells of pain.

Pain for Osiris.

Next to my mother is Persephone. My exhausted facial features turn cold when I spot her in the crowd.

Her!

All because of her!

Our fathers have each grabbed ahold of Osiris and begins to carry him towards the castle. Harlow and Payton, each have their arms around me. Each one helping me towards our home. As soon as I walk past Persephone who is comforting my mother. I lose it.

"You bitch!" I growl out.

My outburst has scared everyone.

"Because of you my brother's barely alive!" I snarl.

"Dominic." Mother whispers.

"Save it mom." I grumble out.

Soon after my injuries have come back to bite me in the ass because darkness comes knocking. And my sights go completely black.

Word count: 1118