Chapter 17

Dominic:

It is quite hilarious to get Persephone embarrassed. She's so modest and innocent. The smallest dirty thought that can run across her mind will make her cheeks heat up. It almost reminds me of Rudolph's nose in a way. She's just, well, she's just Persephone. The adorable and sweet lilac haired cherry blossom eyed beauty has a way with everyone's hearts. Especially the icy cold hearted one like Osiris and myself. Before Artemis even had a talk with us, the smallest things she would do; I would be in a trance. Like a weird creeper looking through a window at someone. How her nose crinkles up when she thinks something is disgusting. How her eyes almost close when she laughs. How when she smiles her small ears raise up just a centimeter. How she reads to Harlee and Helix at bedtime. How she will draw with Ava-Lea and plays the piano with Zena-Marie. The smallest things this girl done was making me cave. The same small things she still does; makes me fall more for her. She's just a unique girl.

When she just came in the house moments ago, Payton said the one thing everyone noticed... Out loud. Of course, she gets embarrassed and I notice how her ears even went red. So innocent, I swear.

Maybe with their marks, Harlow will tone it down a bit in training. Not go soft on her but maybe he'll remember she's just our petite mate. Who happens to hardly rely on her wolf. This is all new to her. Speaking of training, I also get why Osiris wanted to to train to begin with. When the Moon Goddess drops subtle hints about danger coming. We too wanted to have her train. Osiris just beat us to it like he always does. When his mind is set on something, there's no turning it off. He zeroes in on it and goes. Like a predator stalking their prey. I can tell turning her is also getting to him. He thinks I should be the one to train with her witch side. Harlow should be the one to train her wolf side. He's afraid he won't be the one to turn her. He's afraid he won't be the one to train her vampire side once she turns. He's also worried she won't make it through the transformation. A tribrid turning a normal creature or a hybrid creature isn't easy and can be painful. Sometimes it leads to death. But, she has to turn because she's mated to a tribrid..... Four tribrids to be exact. I believe it actually scares all four of us. Especially with the chance of losing our mate.

Persephone freezes suddenly in our kitchen. She was laughing just a minute ago. When her laughs quit filling the room all our heads turn to her. We watch as her face goes blank and her eyes roll back into her skull.

Is she seeing how her brain works?

What the hell is going on?

We all keep calling her name but she still hasn't moved. Her eyes are still in the back of her skull. It's like she's in a trance. A very long damn trance. We stand or sit waiting patiently yet with worry for her to pull out of it. At least five minutes has passed and still she looks terrifying. Suddenly her fingers twitch and her eyes roll back the correct way.

What the fuck was that?

"Persephone?!" Mom calls out.

"Are you okay?" Payton asks.

"What the fuck was that shit?" Osiris says with worry.

"Does that happen often?" Harlow questions.

"That was intense!" Is all I can say.

"My head hurts a little. No, that hasn't ever happened before." She answers.

"What happened?" Father Hendrix asks.

"I saw visions or clips of the future. Like an event is about to happen in the near future." She tries her best to explain.

"Here Persie. Sit." Bexlee tells her.

Persephone sits in the chair and begins to rub her head. Mother has disappeared into the pantry. She comes back with a glass of water and some herbs.

"Take this. It'll ease that headache of your's." Mom tells her.

Persephone mixes the herbs into her water and begins to drink it. You can see her face relax as the herbs begin to work.

"What did you see?" My father asks.

"Death." She says with a gulp.

"Death?" Osiris questions.

"Death. Lots of death. Lots of blood. It looks so real. Like I was visibly there." Persephone answers.

"Where?" Osiris questions again.

"The main hall room that you all use for meeting, balls, parties, and gatherings. The one down at the other end of the territory." She mumbles out.

I watch as Osiris's eyes widen and anger shines through them. What in the hell?

"What are you?" Rhett asks.

"I don't know! A witch and werewolf is all I knew about." She answers with confusion.

"She's pretty much already a tribrid." Father Paxton answers.

"What?" All my siblings and I yell.

"She's obviously a witch and werewolf. But somewhere in her veins; she's got the oracle or a seer's bloodline that's diluted coursing through her. So she's a witch, werewolf, and a seer." Father Orion answers.

"Meaning..." Harlow stops in mid talk.

"She's technically a tribrid." My father answers.

"Oh my god!" Persephone squawks out.

"That means...." Payton pauses.

"When she turns when we all mark her....." Harlow stops with his words again.

"Quadbrid!" Osiris and I finish.

Quadbrids aren't common; they're unheard of. There's never been a quadbrid before. Persephone will be the first to ever exist. I think.

We didn't even know about this? Are the attacks on my family in the past, present, and future because a seer was able to see my families future? Was my parents war just the beginning? Just the tip of the iceberg? Just the icing on the cake?

We need to train her and train her fast. We need to protect her at ever given second of every given day. There's no way we'll let anything happen to our sweetly beautifully innocent mate. They'd have to kill me first.

We need to come up with a new training plan.

And fast.

Word Count: 1047

Book Total: 30,837