Chapter 28

Persephone:

I stand in the middle of the training field in shock. Payton's words replaying in my head.

'Just had to push your buttons a little to get you to emerge all three parts.'

When I come out of my shock; all my mates are staring at me. Then I remember why Payton had said moments ago 'had to push your buttons'; well sir, well Prince Payton, I'll show you just how far you pushed my damn buttons. As I stomp by Payton, a geyser springs up from under him. You can here three of my mates howl in laughter; while the fourth is howling in horror.

"I guess that's her saying you're not forgiven." Osiris jokes.

"More like I'll show you just how far you pushed my buttons." Dominic comments with a chuckle.

"Damn! We know who's at the top of her shit list." Harlow says with his own laugh.

That reminds me; literally my mind goes straight to the ground under his feet. I hear two of my mates howling in laughter again; while the other two are screaming out in horror.

"We know who also is at the top of her shit list!" Osiris jokes again in between his laughter.

I continue on to the castle. I need to shower and get Payton's dried blood off my hand. A shower kind of sounds nice right now and a nap. Today has been excruciatingly draining. My body and mind is physically and mentally wore out. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster with two of my mates. Definitely not the two I would have thought either. As I scrub my body from every drop of sweat and blood; I think back to our training today. How did I get all my parts to react together?

'Simple my human; our mate pissed us off.' Pandora my vampire says in my head.

'When he did; it just clicked with us like a clock.' Pandia chuckles in my head.

'If only we can continue to work together.' I tell the both of them.

'If you let me have some control and trust me; we will.' Pandora grumbles.

'It's hard when I haven't had a vampire all these years.' I reply.

'Trust me like you do Pandia. That's all I ask. You can't keep me locked away or I'll go wild. Let me out like Pandia and nothing bad could ever happen. I promise.' Pandora explains back.

'I'm sorry Pandora. I will try to trust you like I do her. We will practice more my vampire.' I agree with her.

Only way to work together is to trust each other; so Pandora is correct. Plus I don't need Pandora being jealous over how I am with Pandia. I quickly get out of the shower and throw on my sweats and hoodie. I walk out of the bathroom and crawl under my covers.

'Sleep well Persephone.' Both Pandora and Pandia say.

'Rest well you two.' I comment back.

Soon after I say those words on my wolf and vampire; I'm out like a blown light. I drift to LaLaLand peacefully. For once.

I wake up to light tapping on my door.

"Come in!" I groan.

"Dinner is ready. You slept through breakfast and lunch. Osiris said to be downstairs or he'll personally come up here and remove you from the bed." Dominic says like he's reading a note out loud.

"Of course he did." I groan.

I throw the covers off of me and place my hair in a bun. I slip my feet into my house slippers and walk downstairs with Dominic. We reach the dining room and I spot my oh so lovely mate. I give him the best sleepy death glare I can muster up.

"Someone is cranky." Harlow chuckles.

"I'll show you cranky!" I grumble.

"Why the stare?" Osiris asks.

"Don't threaten to come get me out my bed again." I whine.

All four of my mates start to laugh. Their siblings soon joins in.

"Are you feeling okay sweetheart?" Brielle asks.

"Just tired is all." I answer.

"Probably from finally getting all her parts to work together for once." Harlow says.

"Finally? It only happened because someone had to go and flip the quadbrid bitch switch." I complain.

"What do you mean?" Orion asks.

"Payton forced her to use all three at once when he pissed her off." Osiris says while shaking his head.

"That sounds familiar." Brielle comments while glancing at each of her mates.

"You'll be tired for the next few days. You used a lot of energy doing so. Because they were forced and not willing to become one just yet." Dimitri explains.

"We done it to Brielle when she became a tribrid. She was sleepy and wore out for the first few days." Hendrix tells us.

"It's draining on all your parts which is why you probably haven't heard anything in your head since you woke up." Brielle says.

"They'll be asleep or out of it in the next few days. I would suggest rest for 48 hours." Paxton instructs.

"And Payton you should have known better than to force her parts to emerge like that!" Brielle lectures her.

All he goes is shrug his shoulders.

"It had to be done or she would have taken months to do so." He grumbles.

"This is why I don't like you or Harlow right now." I whine.

I take my roll and fling it at his face. I hit him in his smug mouth. The roll was the last thing on my plate to eat. I kindly stand up from my chair and stumble into the kitchen. I place my dishes into the dishwasher. As I walk back into the dining room; my vision gets blurry and before I know it. I'm falling face first towards the ground. Before I hit it completely; Osiris has caught my head. Again darkness comes back and I willingly invite it in. I fall into a slumber in the middle of the dining room. Did I care? Not at all. As I said earlier I was freaking exhausted.

The sun is shining through my balcony door; I must invest in thicker curtains. I roll back over on my side and try to get some more sleep. There's a light tap on my door. Before I can answer, they walk in. It's Osiris with my breakfast on a tray.

"Eat this and rest babe. I'll be back to check in on you." He tells me.

"What do I do all day while I'm prison to my own bed?" I complain.

"I'll have Payton bring some books up to you. Any in particular?" He asks.

"No. He will know what to grab." I groan.

"Eat up. One of us will be back in a few to collect the tray. Get some rest as well." He says.

He places the tray on my side table and places a kiss on my forehead. As he goes out the door he whispers softly.

"Feel better babe. I love you."

I love you too is what I wanted to say but no words came out before he closed the door. I eat my light breakfast and drink my juice. I place it back on my side table and curl back under my blanket. As soon as I drift to sleep; it's interrupted by again tapping on my door.

"What now?" I groan.

Payton comes in with six books in his hands. He grabs my tray with his free hand and places the books where the tray once stood. He kisses my cheek and walks out of the door without saying a word.

Well that is odd.

He always has something to say.

Word Count: 1294

Book Total: 48,706