Prologue

Today is our 17th birthday. Dominic, Harlow, Payton, and I. Our parents are throwing a ball.

Just grand what I always wanted.

Note to sarcasm.

Balls aren't my gig. I really don't like crowds. We'll be stepping up to take the thrones from our fathers. Once we find out if we have one mate or four.

See that causes problems.

Several problems.

If we have one mate than we have to take over as equals. If we have four than we each gets to be crowned kings of whatever creature we're more of. Like how our parents some what are. They didn't exactly do this option. It was more or less they all were equals. They didn't believe in one being the king of werewolves etc. They all rule side by side equally. But whoever was the king of whatever was the one to make the announcement or does the punishments.

"Osiris! You better be getting ready!" Mother yells.
Her screaming has snapped me out of my thoughts.

Why is she screaming? We have excellent hearing.

"I'm already dressed mother! I'll be down in a minute!" I yell back at her.

Why am I screaming? She's got phenomenal hearing!

Walking down the stairs so my mother can quit yelling for the village below can have so peace. I glance in Harlee's room and notice my own impatient mother isn't even ready yet.

What the fuck?

I spot Payton helping mother out with getting Harlee ready.

"Impatient woman isn't even dressed yet. Here she is bitching at me about getting dressed in time." I mumble under my breath.

"Osiris! You better watch you mouth before I slap you with your sister's smelly shoe!" Mother yells from the room.

No thanks!

I sprint down the stairs to get away from her crazy threats. I have no clue how our four year old sister's shoes end up smelling like something has died in them.

Does she play in corpses all day?

We finally make it to our ball and I didn't get slapped with a death smelling shoe.

Thank the goddess above!

We been here for hours and still I haven't had any experiences telling me my mate has arrived. No amazing smells my parents have talk about. When I've bumped into any females; I didn't get any electric sparks from their touch. My wolf Odin hasn't stirred. I don't think my mate will be here.

What if she's rogue?

I'm talking and laughing with my family when the ballroom doors open up like a grand entrance. The smell of daffodils and the sea hits me full force. The doors opening caused everyone's heads to turn including myself. The mystery scent has caught my attention more than the entrance itself. I watch as a small petite girl around my age walks into the room. She is oblivious to the stares everyone is giving her. She walks to the center of the room and I can't take my eyes off her. It's like I'm in a trance. Her scent is luring me in. All I can see her and no one else.

"Mate!" Odin howls in my head.

I stop everything I'm doing. I don't even hear my family calling me. My legs have a mind of their own. I start to walk by everyone around me. Not touching a single soul because I don't like skin to skin contact.

Once I reach my destination my feet stop.

Directly in front of my mate.

Once I'm in front of her. Her eyes get huge.