Chapter 16

Persephone:

Harlow does a full swing for my face. All I can do is duck; I end up falling to the ground because I lost my footing. Before he can use my situation against me; I roll to the right, away from him completely. Harlow does a full belly laugh that doesn't have any malice in it. He's actually just laughing because what I have done.

I quickly get back to my feet. Instead of attacking me; he starts to chase after me. By the time I realize where we're heading; I come face to face with a tree. Harlow is breathing down my neck pretty much. I kick up the tree and flip completely over Harlow. When my feet plant the ground, Harlow has hit the tree head on. The tree and ground shakes from the impact. Harlow is a little stunned so I take the opportunity to do a leg sweep. Harlow trips over my feet and his own. Instead of attacking him while he's down and dazed. I sprint back off towards the center of the training field. Harlow looks dazed; he shakes his head and looks like he remembers what he was doing. He come running back to the center of the training field. Payton steps in front of Harlow like he's protecting me. Protecting me from what?

"Harlow's wolf is out." Osiris answers my unasked question.

"Oh?.." I say like I'm confused.

The words Osiris says replay in my head when I realize what the hell he just said. My eyes go huge.

"Ohhhh shit!" I scream.

"You're fine. He went back inside my head. She's in no danger. He wasn't coming out to harm her. Not like that." Harlow says while scratching his head.

Oh my lanta! His little dirty minded wolf brain. My cheeks heat up, they feel like they're on fire.

"Okay, fighting stance." Dominic calls out.

We walk back into the center and get in our fighting stance.

"Fight!" Payton roars.

Harlow and I begin to circle each other. Neither of us making a single move. I am the first to take the attack. I run towards him and he stands there ready to defense himself. When he lunges forward, I take the opportunity to baseball slide under his opened legs. As I am almost completely through his legs, he grabs my arms. Before he can fully pull me up in front of him. I'm still dangling in front of his legs, my head is at his waist and my legs are curled up into my chest. I use his legs as my sturdy object, I bring my feet full force into his thighs. His grip loosens to where I can wiggle out of his hold. As soon as my rear hits the ground, I side sweep his unstable legs from under him. He falls onto his back as I roll on top of him. With all my strength I have in me, I connect my fist to his jaw, my other fist swings down to his nose, my right fist comes back down to his jaw again. I get three more hits in before he completely rolls me off of him. We both get on our feet at the same time. When he goes to swing on me, I do a back walkover. When my right leg goes into the air, it connects with his chin. I land gracefully on my feet, when I look up at him. He has his signature smirk plaster on his face. He charges back at me ready to attack; my first instinct I played on was to do a split. As he runs over me in my split form; I use my hands to hit the backside of his knees. He tumbles forward and lands on the ground. When he gets back up, I'm the first to charge. I run and jump, bringing my knee up to connect with his face. When my knee connects, he grabs ahold of my entire body. Trapping me against him. His breath fans my neck and all I can think about is saying fuck this fight. With being distracted, he takes the opportunity to throw me on the ground. He uses all his weight to where I can't move any part of me.

Shit!

He's got me.

"Enough!" Osiris roars.

Harlow climbs off me and helps me back to my feet.
We walk back to the center of the field together.