Chapter 30

Osiris:

It's been almost three days since those two have fully mated. I'm not jealous one bit. Payton and Harlow might be; considering the fact she still slightly acknowledges them still. She talks to them during training and when we eat. She doesn't go out of her way to find Harlow in the pool anymore. Nor does she stalk Payton to the library anymore. They aren't where they used to be by any means. She's taking really tiny, like microscopic tiny, baby steps towards where they used to be. She's one who can truly hold a grudge. Just remind me never to be on the receiving end of that grudge.

Ever.

Today, we have training in the evening. Which means we have to eat dinner than go straight to the field on a full stomach. Hopefully no one puke up their guts because it'll end up with a puke fest.

For sure.

We have a few hours left before we have to train. Persephone is locked up in her room still. Hiding away until training I'm presuming because she isn't with Dominic and she sure isn't up my ass. It only leaves one option, her room. She'll be down in an hour before dinner. My control is slowly snapping which is why I'm locked away in the gym until dinner time.

Maybe I could pass on dinner.

We all know, except Persephone, if I go to dinner my restraint will be gone. Unlocked with the key and lock that was on it will be thrown away for good.

We can't have that.

She might have been ready for Dominic but that doesn't mean she's ready for me yet. I have to wait my time out until she is.

How every long that'll take.

Until than I'll keep my mate at arm's length away. Or a room away. Hell half the floor away. Who knows how long my restraints will last if she's any closer. I just have to be cautious and keep her safely away from me until she's ready. That's my top concern. My number uno priority at the moment. Which again is why I'm locked away in the gym.

It helps with my beasts.

They destroy things which means they let all their frustrations out. Which again means I can be around my mate for a little while before I'll have to take off again.

'Dinner Osiris. You need to eat now! Not later but now!' Mom's voice echoes in my head.

'I can't. Not right now.' I reply to her.

'This instant Osiris. You skipped dinner the past two nights. I mean it. Get up here now before I drag you out by your damn ears.' Mom commands.

I groan.

'On my way up now mother.' I whine to her.

I can picture her with a satisfying smile on her face. I roll my eyes and walk up to the dining room. I take the only available seat.

Beside Persephone.

Oh beasts please last through dinner.

Just an hour tops.

I promise I'll scarf my food down and we'll high tail it out of here. We will go to my mini castle. Just don't force me onto her just yet.

I grab my plate and begin to fill it up with food. I silently pray she stays talking to Dominic.

"How was the gym?" She asks.

Definitely didn't get my prayers answered.

Fuck.

"It. Was. Great." My voice comes out raspy and a mixture of my beasts and I.

"What did you do?" She tries to make conversation.