Chapter 9

Persephone:

I finally have made it out of Dominic and Osiris's rooms. I blow out a hard breath and look over at Harlow's door. I'm exhausted for some reason. Probably from my crazy emotional roller coaster. I walk up Harlow's door once I'm stable enough to walk again. Slowly I lift my hand and knock softly. I hear a faint come in from Hendrix. I slowly push the door open and begin to walk in. Harlow is still lying on his bed looking lifeless.

"I'll give you a minute alone with your mate." Hendrix says with a small smile.

You can tell he has been crying. I mean his eyes are red, swollen, and his cheeks are stained with dry tears. The tell tell sign of it right there. I watch as Hendrix scurries out of the door. He softly closes it behind him. My legs glide me over to Harlow's lifeless body and I light plop in the seat his father has previously occupied. If it wasn't for the monitors I swear he was dead. I don't utter a single word and just reach for his hand. As soon as my hand touches his, I can feel the sparks shooting you my arm. The soft tingles that are telling me he's alive. It will just be on him now to just wake up.

Hopefully soon.

Before my thoughts could simmer down. A pair of bright green eyes are now shining back at me.

"Harlow?" I whisper out.

He blinks a few times and slowly nods his head.

"Nurse! Nurse!" I turn my head and begin to yell.

A soft hand cuts off my screaming by cupping my mouth. My head is turned back to the original direction I was previously facing before he had opened his beautiful eyes.

"Shhh! Don't call them in just yet." He groggily mumbles.

All I can do is stare into his eyes in shock.

"Please?" He whispers.

I subtly nod my head yes. Once he's got the confirmation he needs; he drops his hand from my lips. He opens his arm up in a hugging manner. When I still don't move an inch. He motions for me to come to him. With tears pooling in my eyes, I begin to stand up. I lean over and hug the life out of Harlow. He gently pulls me on to his bed and tucks me into his side. We stay like this for what feels like hours. Just staring into each other's eyes with his arm under my back. His other hand is tucked under my chin, keeping my head in place. Before I could blink he places a feather kiss upon my lips. If I wasn't staring at him, I wouldn't have even known he had just kissed me. He backs his head away right before loud commotions from outside in the halls erupted. It sounds like a herd of elephants or a bull in a China shop coming down the hall. People are yelling and this causes both of us to go on high alert.

What the hell is going on?

"Where is she?"

"Prince you can't be up."

"You're still weak sir."

"I don't fucking care! Where is my mate?"

The yelling gets louder and louder as seconds pass by. Harlow holds onto me even tighter. Like he's afraid who ever is screaming is going to snatch me up. Like they're going to make me disappear. Harlow's door burst open and we both jump in fright. I let out a high pitch squeal.

"Persephone?!"

The intruder is none other than my sapphire eyed mate.

Payton.

He scans the room and his eyes land right on me. He rushes to me in a hurry like his tail is literally on fire. He yanks me out of Harlow's hold and off his bed.

"Oh thank the moon goddess. You're alright!" He mumbles into my hair.

"Sir-rr." The nurse calls out. Stuttering as she speaks.

"We need to get you back to bed Prince Payton." The second nurse's voice rang out.

When the female and male nurse come into Harlow's room. Both looked stunned at the least. It is like they couldn't believe their eyes. In all of five minutes two princes have woken up from their trauma.

"Son!" Their fathers whisper out.

"Oh thank the high heavens. You're awake Harlow!" Brielle practically sobs out.

"Maybe you should get a second bed in here for Payton. I don't believe he's going to be leaving Harlow's room any time soon." Paxton's voice says in the silent air.

"Yes! Yes your majesty." The male nurse says in a rush.

I watch as both nurses run out of the room. Not even a few minutes pass when they come back with four other people with a bed. Two nurses slide Harlow's bed to one side of the room while the rest push the empty bed five feet from Harlow's on the other side almost. Payton with me clinging to him like a mate hugging their lost mate from war; walks to his bed and sits on the edge.

"I've missed you." He mumbles into my hair.

"I've missed you too." I whisper into his shoulder.

My words probably sound like 'I'be mish ew tu.' Which isn't very audible but I know what I said and I'm sure he knows what I meant.

More ruckus can be heard outside this very room. Which has all three of us again on high alert.

"Persephone?!"

"Where is she?"

I know those voices.

Soon as my brain registers who those voices belong too. I'm immediately staring back at a two sets of eyes that I've missed so much. One set of purple eyes and a pair of dark ruby eyes.

Dominic and Osiris have woken up.

Holy cow!

Holy magic!

They're alive!

Oh my!

This rooms getting smaller and smaller by the second. Before I know it, my eyes have rolled to the back of my head. My eye sight is completely dark and I go limp in Payton's arms.

Word Count: 1011