Chapter 35

Osiris:

It's been a week since Persephone was taken. A week since our plan failed. A week since we were all ambushed. There's still no signs of our mate anywhere. I can't believe she just willingly sacrificed herself for everyone. We would have went to war with anyone who was to do harm towards her. I can tell she's still alive because our bond hasn't shattered.... I haven't lost my control yet. So, she's still breathing but I don't know how much longer she'll hold up. I don't know how much more torture she can handle. We all know she's been beaten because her pain flows through our bond. We wake up from what little sleep we do get with pain shooting across our bodies and ends with us screaming.

We need to find her!

Now!

"Where the hell are we on location my mate?" I question everyone.

"From the looks of it; the same as yesterday and the day before, the week before that. No fucking where." Harlow grumbles.

"We need to broaden our search damn it!" Dominic yells.

"To fucking where? We done searched a fifty mile radius around us." Payton growls.

"Make it a two hundred mile search I don't care! We need to find our mate. The next warrior who doesn't have any information; I will personally skin alive!" Dominic screams.

We can hear a lot of yes sirs being mumbled in the room.

"I got something!" Bexlee comes in the room screaming her lungs out.

"What is it Bex?" I ask our sister.

"Bristol, Brynlee, Briar, and I looked through the security footage. I covered the ceremony footage. Bristol covered the route they took her. Briar managed to get the footage from Aurora Village; the direction the took off in and all. Brynlee hacked into the streets camera from where Briar left off. Which landed us in a different town 100 miles away; hacking their camera." She explains.

"Can you go into detail?" Harlow asks with his brow raised.

"Sure! I managed to catch them escaping through the south end of the trail. Once our camera stopped so far down the trail for obvious reasons. Bristol was able to catch the leader on the camera heading to Aurora Village. She was only able to track the group so far before the cameras shut off. On a gut feeling Brynlee hacked into Aurora Village's many cameras. They were captured going through the outskirts of the woods. They were heading south still and from the looks of the camera footages; they were going to continue south." Bex explains further.

"And?" Payton asks.

"We hacked every camera available going south; they stopped in a small village called Topaz Village. They stopped in a small store, came out with bags, and left into the woods that was 100 yards from the store. The woods don't have cameras but roughly 20 miles in there was smoke coming from maybe a fireplace or something. It wasn't there the entire time until thirty minutes after they entered the woods. I'm sure that's their location." Bex explains further.

"So she's in the woods because you think smoke in the air?" Harlow asks.

"It's just a gut feeling. It's odd smoke from a fireplace would start up 30 minutes AFTER the enter those damn woods. The small store was a small damn grocery store calls Topaz Grocer. Come on now. We have to check this out. I'm telling you she has to be there!" Bex yells out her points.

"Show us the footage. We will be the judge of that." Payton snaps.

"You want footage? Here!" She screams.

She plugs up a device to the projector and we watch as Persephone is tied up, being carried while she's passed out on the wood skirt line. The leader and several others walk into the small store and come out later with tons of bags. They rush off into the woods and like Bexlee explained. There wasn't any smoke in the sky for a while. Thirty minutes after the group went into the woods; you can see thick smoke clouding the sky at least 20 miles from the little store.

"This needs to be checked out." I order.

"It does look suspicious to me." Dominic comments.

"See! It has to be their hideout." Bexlee says with a smug look.

"You may go Bex. We will order and plan a search. Tell the girls we said thank you. Also Bex thank you as well." Dominic tells our sister.

"No problem. Now go get my best friend and sister back." She orders.

We watch as Bex leaves the room; all four of us look at each other and nod our heads. The next few hours we orchestrate our plans. We decided a small group of warriors to scout out the area where the smoke was seen last. We will wait until they return to set our next plan in motion. They can't mindlink us from that far of a distance. Hence why she hasn't been able to link us. Well actually, it's probably because they truly just drugged her. A lot. Which will make her lose connection with her vampire and wolf. Because being our mates means she could be taken thousands of miles away; she'd be able to contact us. Unless she's heavily drugged.

As our few top warriors begin to leave to head to the area; Mother stops all five of them.

"Mask your scents! And take these with you. It'll help keep your scent masked." She tells them.

She hands each one a small bag with potions and herbs for scent masking.

"Make sure to roll around in the greenery around that village. It'll also help with your scent." Dominic calls out.

Our five warriors bow their heads and take off. Some in vampire form; some in wolf forms, and some are just normal witches. The only thing the witches can do is teleport them to the village since we don't know the exact location of where the smoke was coming from. The vampires, werewolf, and hybrids are our warriors. The witches are there to help keep their scents hidden, help with travel, and healing.

Precautions you could say.

We wait patiently, well, as patiently as possible for their return. Two hours pass then three. My door barges open and our warriors and witches come rushing in.

"We found her!"

Word Count: 1071

Book Total: 59,521