Chapter 7

Dominic:

Even in my unconscious state; I could still feel and hear my surroundings. I could hear a heart monitor flat line and not even seconds later it felt like my soul was leaving my body.

Which is was.

I could see my body lying on the bed with wires and doctors frantically working on me. A hybrid doctor was using her witch side to try to keep me alive.

Suddenly I can't see my body anymore and I'm no longer in the medical wing. Hell, I'm not even in our castle anymore.

I'm standing in a darkened field by the stream. I can see a young lady dancing in the stream. I know that hair from anywhere.

Delaney?!

How?

It's like she can sense I'm near her because she instantly quits dancing around. Her head snaps in my direction and she gives me a soft smile.

"Dominic! You made it!" She calls out.

"H-how-ww?!" I stutter out.

"You're in the in between." She softly says.

"The in.... Between?!" I say with pure shock.

"Yes. Osiris caused you and your other two brothers to die. Sort of. So, your stuck here. Until he decides if he wants to live or die. If he does than either the moon goddess will let all four of you go or she might let each of you decided." She explains.

"Excuse me?" I question.

"Come. Let's have a chat? Shall we?" She says waving my question off.

"Uh?" I don't even know what to say.

"I see you got a second chance. Why aren't you marked?" She questions.

"She's not you." I snap back.

"So? I might be your first mate but the moon goddess blessed you with a second." She fires back.

"Because I don't need a second mate." I snarl.

"You have to let me go at some point Dom. You have a beautiful mate down there waiting for you to wake up. Why can't you just try. Try with her? Why hold on to the past?" She speaks.

"Because. I shouldn't have a second mate." I fire right back.

"Dom...." She starts to say.

"Dominic. Dear." A voice calls out.

I turn to the voice and see a lady with white hair in a purple sparkly gown standing over a cauldron. She's looking at me with her lavender eyes.

"Come child. Let me explain. Than you can tell me about your worries. Afterwards you can pick either stay up here with Delaney or go back down to earth." She softly says.

I suddenly feel my legs moving on their own accord. I'm now standing next to this lady who's giving me the creeps.

"You look so much like your father Dimitri. You even have his attitude. The same one he had giving his mate, your mother, Aspen." She starts to say.

I look at her like she's crazy. Who is this lady?

"Let me introduce myself. I'm Artemis. The moon goddess." She says with a chuckle.

"The same Artemis that knows my parents?" I stupidly ask.

Of course she is.

"That would be me. Have you heard about your parents rocky start?" She questions with her brow raised.