Chapter 39

Osiris:

I watch from my spot I am standing in as our members from the east side begins to move forward. The west side is slowly and carefully moving forward. My group has halted for some reason. It literally hit us as to why we have halted. Payton and Harlow have dropped to one knee. Within seconds Dominic has dropped to both of his. Before I could ask what is wrong; I've fallen to my knees. The pain I am feeling is the worst pain I have ever felt. It only means one thing; Persephone is being tortured again. They haven't messed with her in two days which makes me wander how bad they had tortured her the last time. Our group has not moved from our sides.

"Here you four need to drink this. Your mother said something like this would happen. It's to dull the pain." Father says.

He goes to Payton first and forces his mouth open. The pain for him is so bad, he was biting his lips to keep from yelling. Father dumps the liquid in his mouth. Within seconds Payton was starting to stand without any signs of pain. Father goes to Harlow next, who's holding his breath. Father gut punched Harlow so his mouth is now opened. He pours the contents into his mouth. He too, is up within seconds of consuming the liquid. Father goes to Dominic, who's biting the inside of his cheeks while holding onto his stomach. Father thumps him on the forehead and Dominic barely opens his mouth. Father jerks Dominic's head back and crams the vial into his mouth. Pouring the liquid into his mouth. Dominic takes a little longer to recover. When he does he gets up and through my slightly blurry eyes; I can see all four coming for me. I try to not move; to stop rolling from side to side. I try to let my teeth to let go of my lips. I try to open my mouth but the pain is too much to do if. If I open my mouth a roar will escape my lips from the pain. Dominic shoves me on my back. Payton holds onto my arms. Harlow holds my nose to force my mouth open. Father takes the chance and pours the contents into the back of my throat. It takes me the longest to recover and I have no clue why.

Once I'm fully recovered; our group begins to move.

'Everything okay on the north group?' Ryker asks with worry in his voice.

'Peachy.'

'Lovely.'

'Grand.'

'Perfect.'

'Mate bond. Mate's pain.' Is all father says.

'Did you give...' Mother goes to say.

'Already gave them it. They're fine for now.'Father says while cutting mother off.

We slowly move forwards towards the back of the barn. The barn doesn't have a single soul around it. Dominic slides open the back door to the barn. Father and Dominic walk in first with Payton, Harlow, and I on their heels. Our warriors and witches are right behind us; breathing down our necks. Again, not a soul in sight at the barn itself. One of our witches and a warrior climbs up to the loft. I watch as they slide the loft slightly open; peeking out of it.

"Clear on the front except the cellar." The witch says.

"The six remain standing guard at the door." The warrior comments.

"You two stay up there. Melanie, use magic if you must. Derrick, stay up here to protect her. In case they realize she's up here." Dominic instructs them.

"Yes King." Both reply.

"If you're escaping the barn. It's best to do it now while Ryker and Harper's team is doing a distraction right now." Melanie calls out.

"Distraction?" I ask.

"Yes King. They're doing a hell of a distraction right now if you ask me." Derrick replies.