Chapter 13

Persephone:

Hi?

What am I?

Shy!

I wiggle around Dominic as my hand slides under his pillow. As soon as my hand is completely under the pillow my hand hits a leathered object. I grab my hand around it and begin to pull it out. As the photo album comes into view; everyone looks around shocked.

"I don't know what that is. I didn't even put that there!" Dominic says in a panic.

"I know." I chuckle out.

"How?" Payton asks.

"The Moon Goddess. She gave me my memories back. And spoke to me about my twin. She told me when I woke up this would be under Dominic's pillow. I don't know how she knew I'd be in his bed when I decided to wake up. But yeah." I explain.

"What's in the album?" Harlow asks.

"It's my family's photo album. It has pictures of my sister and I from birth up until she died." I explain.

"Sister?" Harlow and Payton ask at the same time.

"Did she not tell you two about my past?" I ask.

"No. Because we already accepted you. Those idiots hasn't yet. So we didn't need to know anything about you." Harlow speaks up.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes! We were given the option to know your past but we both said no, you would tell us when you wanted too. We both felt it was invasion of privacy." Payton suddenly answers.

"Oh! Well thanks I think." I say sort of confused.

"Can you show us?" Osiris asks.

I nod my head yes with a bright smile on my face. All my mates crowd the bed to get a glimpse into my life before I lost all my memories.

The first picture is of mom's ultrasounds. Each one shows just one child.

"How did she have two when only one is shown." Harlow asks.

"Because her sister was a sly fox and hid beside her." Dominic says with a chuckle.

The next few pages was from our birth. As the pages flip so do the years. From our first walk to our first tooth coming out. To Delaney blowing the cauldron up because she used too much magic at five years old. By the time it comes to our teenage years. The two mates of mine looked shocked to see who my twin is.

"Delaney!" They both whisper yell.

"Yes." I answer.

"How? What?! The fuck!" Harlow stammers out.

"When mom got pregnant with me. It was suppose to be just me in the womb. However, Delaney was there too. When Artemis mated Dominic, You, and Harlow. It was supposed to have been me. However, somehow her magic crossed and found Delaney's soul instead. So instead of me being his mate. My sister ended up being his mate by accident." I explain.

"And us?" Payton asks.

"Somehow you two were my mates from the beginning. Like I said somehow her magic got crossed when it came time to Dominic. It found my sister's soul instead of mine." I answer.

"Osiris's?" Harlow asks.

"She was my first mate. The one I had to kill." Osiris says.

"So, we were destined to be your mate, us three. Osiris was to have his own mate. How does that even make sense? If we three were to be destined to you why not Osiris?" Payton asks question after question.

"I don't know those answers." I whisper.

I wish I knew them. Truly, I do. But I don't so, how would I answer those questions.

"And how come you never knew about your sister until now?" Harlow asks.

Osiris really isn't speaking much. But he is listening and watching everyone.

"Because with Osiris's mate trying to kill everyone. If you all would have found Delaney first, it would have weakened Dominic. If he was to be weakened, it effects you. With my sister's death because we are hybrids; I felt it. I was weakened. When his mate would have attacked you four would already be too weak to fight her. Because any hybrid or tribrid that are twins, triples, quadruplets, and so on; we feel when our other sibling dies. It weakens us for a while. My sister's death almost killed me. If I would have died...." I pause.

"Than those two would have felt you die. Even if they never met you. Which would have weakened us even more. And she would have most definitely killed us and completed her plan." Osiris states.

"Instead, you all found her last. But I was still dying from her death. So, to save you all from pain and becoming weaker. And to keep me from a painful death; she and the other gods were able to sever our sibling bond. Once they have completed that, they were able to wipe our family's memories of Delaney. They took all our pictures and other things and made her disappear. Artemis kept the original photos in that album." I answer.

"That's so VooDoo Magic kind of shit." Payton says with a shocked look on his face.

"She restored your memories?" Osiris asks.

"Yes, and I even seen Delaney before I came back here." I respond.

I watch as all four process what I'm staying. Two look to be in thought while the other two don't show any signs of shock.

Did they know?

Did she tell them?

"Why do you two look normal and not shocked like us two?" Harlow questions.

"Because Artemis already told us most of this." Osiris states.

"Did she do any magic to you to make you accept me?" I ask the most thinkable question.

"Never. I accepted you on my own free will. She just opened my eyes and told me to trust my judgment. To let go of the past, it wouldn't repeat itself again. So I did. My heart said trust you. My brain said trust you. My gut said trust you. My inner demons said you were our mate. So I let everything go. The past. My first mate. Everything. And accepted you." Osiris explains.

For the first time in a while I officially have a genuine smile on my face. Before Osiris could think, I jumped off the bed and connected myself to his chest.

Maybe just maybe this is a fresh start.

Just maybe.

Word Count: 1052

Book Total: 24,290