Chapter 40

Osiris:

That's it!

It's dad's healing moon spell! I should remember how to read Latin. Most our parents spells are in Latin. We had to learn Latin because of them. Most my spells are in our native language though.

"Mihi tuae lunulae antiquae. Fac mihi pacem hac hora. Invoco vestram virtutem et fortitudinem. Benedic puerum tuum hac nocte secreta. Adiuva me sana meam mate. Dabo dimidium fortitudinis meae, dimidium cordis mei, dimidium vitae meae." I mumble.

What else do I do beside the spell?!

Cut my wrist and pour my blood into her mouth before I said my spell. Once I say the spell I must chant it until my vision becomes blurry. I will eventually pass out but that's fine. She will live and I'll fall into a small coma. But it's okay because she will live!

Yes!

"Cut my wrist and pour my blood into her mouth before I say the spell." I mumble again.

"What is he talking about?" Harlow asks.

Realization hits everyone in the face; except Harlow and Payton as I mumble what I remember from father Dimitri's book. I lay Persephone's head onto my legs. I stroke her hair out of her face and kiss her bloodied and muddied up forehead.

"Don't you dare do it Osiris!" Dominic yells out with tears falling freely.

"Do what? What's he doing?" Payton screams.

"He's using Father's spell to bring her back. He's giving up half his energy to save her." Dominic roars.

"I have to." I mumble as I look up at the bright moon that's hanging high in the sky.

Give me the strength I need to do this. I'm not as powerful as Dominic but I know I can do this spell. I inhale and hold it. When I exhale; I begin my plan.

I turn my hands into claws and run my claw around my wrist. I watch as mangled wrist gushes blood. I quickly open her mouth and begin to let my blood flow into her mouth. Once my wrist has healed; which only takes seconds, I begin to chant the famous spell that has brought mother back. The famous spell only my father Dimitri could do. The only spell that's ever bent the rules of magic. The only spell that is meant to save your mate. The only spell I know that will help our mate. If it requires me to fall into a coma so be it. I'll give my last breath to save her. She deserves it.

"Mihi tuae lunulae antiquae. Fac mihi pacem hac hora. Invoco vestram virtutem et fortitudinem. Benedic puerum tuum hac nocte secreta. Adiuva me sana meam mate. Dabo dimidium fortitudinis meae, dimidium cordis mei, dimidium vitae meae." I roar.

"Mihi tuae lunulae antiquae. Fac mihi pacem hac hora. Invoco vestram virtutem et fortitudinem. Benedic puerum tuum hac nocte secreta. Adiuva me sana meam mate. Dabo dimidium fortitudinis meae, dimidium cordis mei, dimidium vitae meae." I scream again.

I continue to chant until I couldn't keep my eyes open. Until I couldn't move my mouth again. Until I couldn't move a muscle. Until half my energy is being sucked out my body. Soon after the fifth chant; my eyes become heavy and I hit the ground beside Persephone with a thud.

Anything around the time I hit the ground that has happened; I don't remember it. I wake up in the medical ward. Dominic is glaring at me as I open my eyes.

"No hello brother?" I joke.

"No you stubborn asshole! You been knocked out a goddamn month!" Dominic growls.

"How? It was only supposed to be two weeks at the most." I raspy ask.

"Because you used too much magic. Your love for her is so strong. Your will for her to live is so powerful. You gave a little more than half your energy." Father Dimitri answers.

"Is she alive?" Is the only important question that comes out my mouth.

"Yes she is alive. After you nearly killed yourself! She will wake up soon the Doctors think." Dominic snaps.

"That's all that matters." I argue back.

"You just...." Payton goes to fire back his argument.

"I just happened to save our damn mate. I happened to be the one to get my head out of my ass to do something. Thanks to Dad Dimitri do letting us study his fucking journal! That spell was the one thing I remembered. Why? Because HE saved mother the exact same fucking! He's alive and well and so is mother! What I done was out of love for our.... My damn mate! If it would have killed me so damn be it! At least she would have lived to see the future. To have a goddamn future." I fire back.

"But." Harlow says.

"Not buts! You know what I saw when I seen her go down to the ground? How I felt when I felt her last breath and heart beat through our bond? I'll tell you! I saw my chance with happiness go out the door. The chance with children..... A family go out the window. A chance to see her grow as a queen. As our mate. As my mate go out every crack. I watched.... I felt my heart break and slowly stop when she died! I had to do something. Anything. I wasn't letting the love of my life. My soulmate. My best friend. The woman who infuriates me to no end. The woman who pushes my button and boundaries to no limits. The woman who makes me smile with just walking in the room. The woman who has the most sassiest mouth fire back with my dick attitude. The woman who can put me in my place when I'm wrong. The woman who makes my cold heart beat just for her. Just die. So no, I wasn't going to be selfish and let her go just like that. I'm not a coward and I won't be one. She's more important to me than my own fucking life. So what. Sue me. Build a bridge and get over it. It was my decision. My dedication to my mate is what has her breathing still. So fuck anyone who thinks differently. They can go get fucked by a raging dragon toad for all I care. Now someone tell me how my fucking mate is doing?!" I ramble and rage on.

Through all the arguing and fighting; a certain smell never hit my nose until after my rage left my body.

"You feel that way about me? You did all that for our future? You done this for us?" Her sweet and innocent voice fills the room.

"And I would do it again in a heart beat." I answer without even missing a beat.

"When did?" Dominic goes to say.

"Don't you dare even ask me that. Especially when I heard ever single word you all have said. Only person here worthy of being called my mate is Osiris. Your three's actions and words provide other wise on why you should even be mated to me. You Dominic, why couldn't the best witch gene brother save me? What about you Payton, the equal gene brother; why couldn't you have saved me? Harlow why could you have helped Osiris? The one who I never thought would have saved me..... He did. Why was it him and not any of you? Why didn't any of you help him? Why?!" She screams.

"How do you know we didn't help?" Payton asks.

"Because Artemis showed me everything. Osiris was the only one who saved me. Harlow and Payton froze when they realized what he was doing. Dominic was the ONLY one who tried to stop him. So why?" She yells louder.

Her yelling is rare. Her yelling is seriously causing my ears to ring with how high pitch it is.

"Because I was ready to die!" Dominic screams back.

This stuns all of us. What the hell just left his lips?!

"Don't you know, if you died. We would have died right behind you. I made peace with myself and everything. I was okay with dying. Like I said before if you die so do I. I meant it. Yeah Osiris nearly killed his own self by saving you. Am I mad he nearly died? Yes! What sibling wouldn't be?!" Dominic yells his explanation out.

"Why?" She whispers.

"What he felt; I felt. Just worst. As soon as your last heart beat passed through your body. I was ready to go with you. Us til the end remember. You go. I go. Always." Dominic's voice goes barely audible.

"When you love someone. You let them go. You join them when it's your time. It was my time. You don't go playing with magic and bring them back. But I'm glad he did." Dominic whispers.

This crazy mother fucker.

Word Count: 1486

Book Total: 67,390