graveyards (!)

So this chapter is short but important. I put a warning on it because there is a lot of violence towards the end, and I will try to make the next chapter to where it explains what happened. Please only read if you feel comfortable. 

The next few months flew by in a blur. Claire had more visions, most of them of the graveyard. But she had studied her mom's notebook enough that she knew that it wouldn't be her in the graveyard. So now she was scared because she couldn't figure out where she would be that night. She had learned how to see certain people, but it didn't always work and it took out more energy than it was worth. She couldn't see Harry, Cedric, Fleur, or Krum on that night, but she knew about Leo. He was going to be in a panic, but she couldn't see why.

Sirius was currently freaking out and upset. Crouch had gone missing while talking to Harry, and now there were more problems with the Ministry. Claire was trying to block it out, but she was finding it difficult. Remus had written to Claire and told her to stay as small and hidden as possible, which she was okay doing. She spent most of her time in the library. Unfortunately, Leo tended to ignore the library because the librarian hated him. Which was why she was there alone the night before the Third Task, trying to read about past tournaments.

"You're just going to freak yourself out."

Claire jumped in her spot and stared with wide eyes as Draco hesitantly sat across from her. She gave him a quick smile but found it hard to make eye contact after so many months of not talking. Draco looked tense too, but he was trying to calm down. 

"I-I know," Claire mumbled, tucking her hair behind her ear and staring down at the book. Draco was playing with a quill and watching it. "I just...I need to know Harry will be okay."

"Something tells me that Potter will be okay," Draco assured her. Surprisingly, there was only a small amount of bitterness in his voice. "He always ends up okay, doesn't he?"

"Yeah, but something just...feels wrong," Claire sighed, running her hands through her hair. Draco seemed to know that nothing he said would make her feel better so he just sat there with her. She continued to read, getting more stressed out. Draco looked up from his book when he heard her sniffle. He hesitantly placed his hand in hers and she let herself accept the comfort for a moment before she moved away to wipe a tear and then she cleared her throat. "I'm sorry. There's just...too much."

"Yeah, I know," Draco sighed. Claire could see that he was burdened by something too. She didn't want to pry and she didn't want him to pry either. She could read him better than anyone else but today he was just conflicted. He looked unwell, as if he hadn't been sleeping or eating, but Claire was doing the same thing and she was in no place to judge. 

"I've missed you," Claire murmured. 

"I've missed you too," Draco admitted, his voice soft. 

"I still want to be your friend. I don't like not talking to you," Claire told him. Draco clenched his jaw for a second before sending her the first real smile she had seen on him in a long time. 

"I cannot imagine my life if you're not in it.

------------------------------------------------------

The graveyard was all around her. She was the graveyard. 

The lights were everywhere, there was a duel and there was a poor boy who was too young for any of this. And he was all alone like always.

The air was crisp and cold as it shot around her, freezing her bones. But the wizards didn't seem to care. 

Lucius Malfoy didn't care as he bowed to his master.