traitor

Through the next few days until the rest of the students came back, Claire realized just how much she missed Draco. It was odd to miss him since they were barely friends, but she missed the way he understood her and how he always made sure she was comfortable. Not that she was ever uncomfortable since she avoided the few people still at Hogwarts.

The library was almost always empty, Claire tended to stay in there. Hermione seemed to be in a fight with Harry and Ron, so the two girls spent much of their time at opposite ends of the same table, not talking but accepting the company of another person. That was enough for Claire, but it was obvious that Hermione was struggling a little. Claire was also struggling without Harry, but she decided to just pretend everything was normal.

"Why would Sirius Black send you a Firebolt too?" Hermione asked suddenly. It was the day the rest of the students were supposed to come back, so the two girls had separately decided to spend the day in the library and study before too many people were in there.

"W-what do y-you mean?" Claire asked, her eyes wide with shock.

"It was Black who sent those Firebolts, I just know it!" Hermione said passionately. "But it makes no sense why he would send you one. And the letter...it just makes no sense."

Claire was sure that she looked crazy as she opened and closed her mouth like a fish, not knowing what to say.

"W-well...I don't k-know," Claire lied, immediately looking back down at her book so she wouldn't have to look at Hermione, who let out a heavy, disappointed sigh.

"He's pretty upset, y'know," Hermione said so soft that Claire almost didn't hear her.

"I understand," Claire mumbled. "M-my mum was....is...a m-monster."

"That's not why he's not talking to you," Hermione said with a frown. "He's not currently talking to me so I don't know floor sure, but I think he's upset with himself for pushing you away for something you can't control. He's too stubborn and awkward to apologize."

Claire didn't answer but stood up instead.

"I-I have to use the restroom," Claire mumbled, hurrying away so she wouldn't have to have that conversation. Her arm went around her stomach as she walked since it had been hurting all day. She didn't spend long in the bathroom, rushing back to Hermione with wide eyes.

"What is it?" Hermione questioned worriedly, seeing Claire's wide eyes and panicked face.

"I'm bleeding!" Claire whispered.

"What?! Where?!" Hermione gasped. Claire blushed a little and pointed down. A look of recognition went over Hermione's face, quickly turning into one of pity. "You just started your period, Claire. Nothing to worry about."

"My what?" Claire asked.

"You don't...?" Hermione trailed off, sighing a little. "It's completely normal. I'm assuming you don't have any products."

Claire shook her head no, not understanding what Hermione was talking about.

"C'mon," Hermione said, putting all her stuff away. Claire furrowed her eyebrows but did the same, grateful she was wearing black pants. Hermione held out her hand for Claire, who awkwardly held the other girls hand. Hermione moved so their elbows were interlocked and guided them out of the library.

"I haven't started my period yet, but I've learned all about it," Hermione explained, jumping right into a bunch of science that Claire didn't understand. Claire grew horrified as she listened to Hermione speak. "Of course, it'll end around fifty or so-"

"Fifty!" Claire exclaimed. "Holy fu-!"

"Claire Alina Nova Lupin!"

Claire and Hermione both jumped at Remus' voice, not knowing he had stepped out of his office when he heard their voices. Claire blushed a little at almost cussing, not meeting anyones eyes.