vows

Claire hadn't seen Draco in days, and the stress was eating her alive. Blaise and Theo had a system worked out because they managed to distract Claire anytime she tried to find the boy and prevent her from going to his dorm. Professor Snape even let the boy skip all his classes, which Claire thought was unfair since she had to go to all of them. She couldn't understand why the boy was avoiding her, especially since she wanted nothing more than to see him after everything that she went through.

"I'm so ready for this summer," Daphne sighed, laying out in the sun on the last day as they waited for the train to arrive. Claire nodded distractedly and tried to find the blonde. "My mum is so busy with You-Know-Who that she won't notice me at all. I'll be free to be myself and hang out with whomever I want. Of course, my house will be off-limits, but it's not like that's my favorite place anyways."

"I'm happy for you," Claire said truthfully. Daphne smiled and squinted, using her hand to block out the sun as she sat up. Hermione happily bounded down towards them and sat next to Daphne.

"Are you two ready for the summer? I can't wait. We need a break," Hermione rushed out, moving some books around in her bookbag. Hermione started explaining all the books she planned to read over the break, which made it sound more like school than a relaxing summer. Claire grinned as she observed the way that Daphne looked at Hermione and the way that the bushy-haired girl blushed.

"I'm ready to sleep. Hopefully we can leave Grimmauld," Claire sighed. She had begged Remus to move back to his house, but he insisted that it wasn't safe, especially with Regulus now living with them.

"I'm just ready to leave the Dursley's," Harry sighed, sitting down next to Claire and putting his head on her shoulder. Claire frowned and lightly pet his head. Despite their best efforts, Remus and Sirius hadn't convinced Dumbledore to let Harry stay with them the whole summer. He would have to spend two weeks with his aunt and uncle before he could come stay with them.

"You'll have to come visit us as soon as you can," Ginny said. Claire noticed the hopeful tone in her voice and the way she looked at Harry, who nodded and sat up. Luna sat next to her, but she was more focused on her magazine, the Quibbler, than she was on the conversation.

"It's going to be boring with the twins gone," Ron added. The twins had opened a joke shop and moved out, and Claire guessed that Mrs. Weasley would be extra worried now.

"Gran says she'll get me a new wand over the summer!" Neville spoke up happily. "The Death Eaters broke my dad's wand, so it's useless now anyways."

"Claire, do you have any big plans?" Daphne asked.

"Not a single one," Claire lied. She knew that her summer would be busy between getting to know Regulus and continuing to make Grimmauld into more of a home. Plus, she couldn't do a lot since her mother was still on the loose.

"Sit with us?" Harry asked her hopefully when he heard the train whistle blow.

"I'm going to find Draco," Claire responded with a shake of her head. She noticed the sad look that Daphne and Hermione shared, making her furrow her eyebrows. Harry helped her stand up, a small frown on his face. "Why don't you sit with Cho?"

"We haven't really talked," Harry admitted, a small blush on his cheeks. Ginny walked a little slower to listen. "It was her friend that told Umbridge about Dumbledore's Army, and it's just a little awkward."

"She's not the right girl for you. You'll find someone," Claire assured him. Harry nodded, but looked troubled. Claire sighed when she saw a sixth year bullying a first year, making eye contact with Hermione and then the two girls walked over, dragging a reluctant Ron with them.