concussions

"How exactly did you do that?"

"Stop asking questions or I'll cut your insides out and feed them to you."

Claire was tired of waiting for Draco to wake up, and she was tired of Blaise, Theo, Daphne, and Ron asking questions. Harry and Hermione basically knew everything, so they mostly just tried to change the subject.

"I really think he needs Madam Pomfrey," Hermione said to the group. They had taken Draco back to his dorm, where he had yet to open his eyes after over an hour.

Claire shuddered as she remembered the last look in his eyes. Before he had acceptance in his eyes, but he looked right into her eyes before he was going to hit the ground and she only saw panic and fear. That was when she made a forcefield appear beneath him, but he was so close to the ground that it didn't help enough. Claire only blamed herself.

"I thought he was pushing me," Harry muttered sadly. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you even here?" Theo asked angrily. "You're the one who pushed him. This is all your fault."

"Fuck off," Ron defended his friend.

"It's not his fault," Claire snapped. Theo glared at her and sat back, crossing his arms and tapping his foot.

"From what we could see, it looked like Draco was reaching too far and Harry didn't push him hard enough to push him off. Draco just slipped, and it didn't help that Harry pushed a little," Daphne spoke up.

"He never should have pushed," Blaise practically growled. Harry just looked upset with himself and didn't respond. Draco twitched and Claire held her breath, grabbing his hand. He squeezed her hand but didn't wake up, making her sigh sadly.

"Okay, we're back," Annabeth announced quietly. It was late enough that most students were asleep or not paying attention, but some professors might be walking around and she had to bring some healing potions from her dorm all the way in Ravenclaw towers. "I grabbed everything I thought we might need."

"I grabbed some wraps," Leo shrugged. Annabeth rolled her eyes at the boy and moved past.

"So, what do you think is wrong?" Annabeth asked. She stared right into Claire's eyes and she noticed that Annabeth had a faint ring of gold around her irises just like she did.

"He hit his head," Claire responded, lightly pushing back Draco's hair. She could hear the shake in her voice so she cleared her throat and then continued. "I think he bruised some ribs too, but they're not broken. Nothing is broken, just bruised."

"Maybe this one," Hermione suggested. Hermione and Annabeth went through all the potions and decided on the three that would work the best.

"Don't kill him," Theo spoke up, his voice half joking and half serious. Everyone held their breaths while Annabeth gave Draco the potions. It only took a moment before he groaned and then opened his eyes, looking around with confusion clear on his face.

"I'm so important, aren't I?" Draco joked. Claire laughed and then carefully jumped onto his, shoving her face in his neck as she hugged him. He greedily accepted the hug, his hands shaking as he wrapped them around her.

"I was so scared," Claire whispered so only he could hear.

"I could never leave you," Draco whispered back. Claire leaned back and smiled at him, lightly cupping his cheek with her hand to wipe away the tear before the others could see.

"Next time you try to die, do it earlier so it won't keep me up," Theo joked. Draco flicked him off while Blaise chuckled.

"Malfoy, I'm sorry," Harry spoke up. "I promise I didn't mean to push you."