Pilot

Autumn Graham sat in the front row of bleachers next to her best friend, Quinn Fabray. Her other best friends, Santana Lopez and Brittany Pierce, sat on the other side of the head Cheerio.

"Alright, ladies, listen up," said Sue Sylvester. "Mr. Schuester is going to talk to you about the tragedy that is McKinley High's Glee Club. You will sit, listen, and be respectful. Anyone caught giggling or texting will do 100 sit ups."

The cheer coach went to sit at the end of the middle row of Cheerios. Mr. Schuester cleared his throat before he began speaking.

Autumn tried to pay attention, but as soon as she heard Quinn laughing beside her she found it hard to.

"This is such a joke," said Quinn. "There's no way he expects us to join that club."

"I know right," Autumn scoffed. "I saw them practicing yesterday, and they sucked. Like, really sucked."

"That Rachel Berry girl is such a spotlight stealer," Santana whispered. "And her outfits make her look homeschooled."

"Did you see what she was wearing today?" asked Brittany.

"She looked like a toddler with that silly reindeer sweater," said the Latina.

"...And that's what Glee Club is all about," Mr. Schue finished. "And I would really like it if at least one of you auditioned."

The Cheerios clapped as the curly haired man finished. Sue dismissed them, and they headed to the locker rooms.

"Autumn, are you still sleeping over tonight?" Quinn asked as she took a sip of her water.

"What else would I be doing?" the brunette replied. "I'm just gonna take a shower first. Don't want to smell like sweat when I go to sleep."

"Just remember," said Brittany, leaning close to her friend. "The first to fall asleep at a sleepover will most likely wake up with a Sharpie mustache or unibrow."

"Noted," Autumn chuckled. She grabbed a red towel and the change of clothes she brought with her and headed to the showers.

****

Rachel Berry was walking down the hall when she heard the sweetest, most clear voice she'd ever heard – besides her own, of course. Curious, she headed in the direction and found herself wandering into the Cheerios' locker room. It was empty, except for a singular bag and a cheerleader, who Rachel was guessing was the one doing the singing.

Steam clouded her vision as she slowly walked towards the showers, the singing becoming louder as she got in better hearing range.

Rachel wondered who was singing The One That Got Away by Katy Perry. She sounded like someone who has had years of lessons, but, then again, she could be self taught.

The singing suddenly stopped as the shower turned off. A few moments later, a cheerleader came out in a pair of red Cheerios sweatpants and a matching hoodie. Her hair was wrapped in a red towel and her light skin was freckled with water droplets. A pair of hypnotizing green eyes met Rachel's brown ones.

"Can I help you with something?" asked Autumn, furrowing her brows as she held eye contact with the diva.

"I-I... um, y-you have a really beautiful voice," said Rachel. "Glee Club needs members. You should join."

"Do you always spy on people naked in the showers when you want to ask them to join a singing club?" the cheerleader asked with a slight smirk as she made her way to her bag, removing the towel and allowing her damp, brunette locks to fall over her shoulders. She tossed the towel into the basket with the other dirty cloths and placed her pom-poms into her bag. She turned back to Rachel, who was still looking at her with her mouth agape. "So, are you gonna say anything or are you just going to stand there like a love-sick puppy?"