Pot O' Gold

"Hi, Ava," Mercedes smiled as she walked up to the blonde at her locker. "Do you have a sec?"

"No, I do not have a sec," Ava scoffed as she closed her locker.

"What?" the older girl frowned.

"I'm not stupid. You only want to be friends with me because of my mom. I don't have time for fake bitches."

"I actually wanted to talk to you about your mom," Mercedes said as she followed Ava down the hall.

"If you want an autograph, ask her yourself," Ava grumbled, rolling her eyes when she saw that Mercedes was still trailing behind her. "Jesus Christ, can't you take a hint? Fuck off and leave me alone."

"I wanted to talk to you about joining your mom's group."

Ava stopped walking and turned around to face Mercedes with a raised brow. "And why would I want to do that?"

"Why wouldn't you want to do it?" Mercedes shrugged. "You'd get to hang out with your mom, who is so awesome. Maya's in the group, too. And, let's face it, Mr. Schue isn't gonna pay any attention to you."

"Can I think about it?" Ava asked, sighing. "I don't want them to hate me for leaving the group."

"Yeah, just think about it," Mercedes smiled. "I hope to see you soon."

Ava forced a small smile as Mercedes walked away. She thought about it for a moment before running a hand through her short blonde hair and making her way to class.

She'd worry about this after her biology test.

****

"You know what, Girl Chang?" Santana scoffed as Tina used a tissue to dry her tears. "If you cry every time someone gets a hangnail, it kind of starts to lose its effect."

"It's not a hangnail," Tina sniffled. "Mercedes was one of Glee's original members. I feel naked in here without her."

"Yeah, well, get used to it, cause without her singing for us, we're gonna have to perform naked for the judges to vote for us at sectionals," Puck grumbled.

"Gross," Ava scrunched her nose. "I don't even let my twin see me naked. Why would I let a room full of people I've never seen before see that? And I'm pretty sure that's a little thing the FBI calls child pornography."

"You tell him, Little A," Juniper said, high-fiving the freshman.

"No," Mr. Schue said. "I will not let this setback crush our spirits. We have handled worse."

"Than losing one of our best singers?" Mike frowned.

"Kind of hard not to blame you, Mr. Schue," Naomi said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah," Quinn agreed. "I think you were too hard on her at booty camp."

"I blame Artie and Autumn," Tina scoffed, narrowing her eyes at the two student directions. "Why couldn't you have just given Maria to Mercedes?"

"We double-casted the role so they both could play her, but Mercedes threw it away," Autumn defended herself. "Don't blame us for her divaness."

"Sorry I'm late," Rachel said as she walked into the choir room, clapping her hands together. "I was putting up posters for my– my campaign."

"You didn't talk her out of running for student body president?" Puck frowned at Autumn.

"Don't blame me for anything she does, either," Autumn said, holding her hands up.

"Did you airbrush out your jowls?" Kurt taunted Rachel.

"No," the diva scoffed, sending Kurt a glare as she sat down next to Autumn.

𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 | r. berryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें