The Purple Piano Project

a/n - first season three chapter !! who's here?

"Shalom, blogosphere! Jacob Ben Israel here at McKinley High. Sudden death. Big stakes. Senior year. Who will succeed and who? Will? Fail?"

Autumn closed her locker, jumping in surprise when the gossip blogger appeared beside her.

"Autumn Graham. Head Cheerio, co-Glee Club lead, and girlfriend to the annoying diva we all love to hate, Rachel Berry." Jacob held the mic out to her. "What are your thoughts about this year?"

"It's gonna be a good year. I'm super excited!" Autumn smiled. "I'm in a much better place mentally and physically, and I'm not gonna let anything stop me from enjoying my senior year."

"Not even those jocks trying to hit on your sister?" Jacob asked, pointing down the hall.

"What?" Autumn frowned as she looked in the direction he was pointing in, her eyes widening when she saw a group of boys around Naomi. "Not today, Satan," she grumbled, tightening her ponytail. "Get away from her!"

"Is now a bad time to ask when you and Rachel's sex tape is getting leaked?" Jacob called after her, shrugging when she ignored him and scared the group of jocks away from her sister.

He continued making his way down the hall, passing a set of freshman twins – one in a Cheerios uniform and the other in street clothes. He went up the stairs, smirking a little when he spotted Juniper.

"Miss Oakley," he said as he approached the Latina. "Twitter says you're officially dating Quinn Fabray, aka Teen Mom. Care to comment?"

"Who told you that?" Juniper frowned as she stared up at the taller boy.

"A picture of you two making out in a hot tub was leaked back in July," Jacob said. "Is it true that you're a bottom, despite your tough exterior?"

"Talk to me again and I'll fuck you up!" Juniper snapped, kicking the boy with her foot before storming off down the hall.

****

Naomi stood in between Tina and Brittany, the three girls frowning as they looked down at the trophies in front of them.

"Mr. Schue, why are all of our trophies in the middle of the room?" Tina asked their teacher as he walked into the choir room.

"I almost tripped over them," Naomi pouted.

"I was sure our nationals trophy would grow during the summer," Brittany mumbled.

"I want this image burned into your mind," Mr. Schue said as the New Directions took their seats. "This is what the difference between first and 12th place looks like. It's also what it feels like."

"Are you planning on bumming us out all year?" Puck scoffed.

"He better not, cause when I get depressed, I turn to alcohol, and if I relapse, I'm getting shipped back to Desert Park," Juniper grumbled as she crossed her arms over her chest. "So stop with all the sad shit."

"I'm planning on pushing you harder than you've ever been pushed," Mr. Schue said.

"Gross," Naomi mumbled, exchanging a disturbed look with Santana. "How is he allowed to teach here?" she asked in a whisper.

"No idea, kid," Santana sighed as she rubbed the sophomore's back.

"We made it to nationals last year," Mr. Schue continued. "This year, I'm not gonna let anything stop us from winning it all. I let you down last year. I lost focus and let some Broadway pipedream get in the way."