Preggers

Autumn sat on the couch next to her mom at her aunt and uncle's house. Terri laid flat on her back – which was propped up with a pillow – as she panted and breathed heavily, practicing for when she'd give birth.

"I don't think that's how this works," the brunette mumbled, taking a sip from her Cheerios water bottle, which was filled with the master cleanse drink her cheer coach gave her. It tasted terrible, but at least her uniform fit.

"You're doing good, baby," Will said. "Just keep breathing."

"No, no, no," Kendra groaned. "Giving birth is not like how it is in the movies. It is bloody and bestial, and you get poop all over your cowboy boots."

"I'm just trying to be supportive," the curly haired man defended himself.

"This isn't about you."

"I'm sorry, Kendra. When was I making it about me?"

"Ugh," Kendra scoffed. "You have to be liked, Will. You're nice and supportive, and you avoid conflict. Your wife is going to be pushing a watermelon out of her boy-howdy in five months. She doesn't need nice. She needs Dolomite."

"I should've stayed home with the Terror Trio," Autumn mumbled, referring to her three younger brothers.

"I can be tough," said Will.

"Of course you can, sweetie," Kendra said sarcastically. "Okay, why don't you come on down here?" she asked as she moved down to the floor. "I'm gonna show you how to rub the gas bubbles out of your wife's stomach."

"Oh no, wait," Terri said, sitting up.

"Oh no, no. You'll like it. Phil still does it to me. Feels great."

"I don't want him touching my stomach. I mean, maybe he would bruise the baby."

"What?" Autumn asked. "Aunt Terri, I don't think it works like that."

"Honey, would you make me a BLT?" Terri asked, turning to Will. "And Autumn can help you."

"I can what now?" the brunette asked, eyes widening. "No way. Not gonna happen. It's bad enough I have to be alone with him at school."

"Auts, be nice," Kendra quietly scolded.

"Fine," Autumn sighed, rolling her eyes.

"It's gonna take a few minutes," Will told Terri.

"That's okay," said Terri.

Will gently kissed his wife's forehead before standing up and heading to the kitchen, Autumn following hesitantly behind.

He better not try to start a conversation with me, she thought as she got out the ingredients for the sandwich.

****

"Hello, Autumn," Rachel greeted as she approached the cheerleader at her locker. "I didn't see you in Glee Club today. Not that you missed anything other than Mr. Schuester trying to ruin my Broadway career."

Autumn sighed and rolled her eyes. She closed her locker and turned to face Rachel with her arms crossed and lips slightly pursed.

"Did you come here just to talk about yourself?" the cheerleader asked. "Cause I have more important things to do than listen to you whine about how you didn't get a solo."

Rachel's mouth opened then closed, not knowing what to say.

"Sorry," Autumn mumbled, her expression and tone softening.

"What's going on with you?" Rachel asked. "You seem distracted lately. I can see Mr. Schuester trying to connect with you, but you keep pushing him away. Earlier he said that if you were there he would have given you the solo instead of Tina-"