A Very Glee Christmas

Autumn walked into school with her head hung low and her hands buried deep into her Cheerios letterman. Christmas was just weeks away, and normally she'd be excited, however, things weren't going to be as merry this year.

After the new year, she would be leaving to go to an in-patient facility to get help for her eating disorder.

Stevie had a meltdown in front of Kendra and told her about Autumn's relapse, and after talking it over with Phil, they both decided that they couldn't wait until summer break to get her help.

She needed it now.

"Auts, are you okay?" Brittany asked as she walked up next to her.

"Yeah, I'm great," Autumn mumbled as she approached her locker. She opened it up, and instantly her eyes fell on a picture of her and Rachel. She took the magnet off that was holding it up and put the photo in the back of a Harry Potter book that Naomi had put in her locker.

"No, you're not. I've known you for 10 years. I'm not stupid," Brittany said, frowning as she looked over her friend's pale, colorless skin and the bags under her eyes. "Auttie, what's wrong?"

"Everything," Autumn said, her voice breaking as she closed her locker and turned to face the blonde. "I've lost everything... and... and I really don't want to say goodbye, but I have to."

"What do you mean 'say goodbye?'"

"I... My mom found out... and-and she's sending me away."

"Sweetie, don't cry," Brittany cooed, pulling the smaller girl into a hug and holding her close as she cried into her chest.

"I d-don't wanna g-go," Autumn sobbed, hugging her friend tighter.

"Maybe you can ask Santa to make you all better?"

Autumn hiccuped and pulled away from Brittany's embrace to look up at her. She sniffled and wiped her tears away.

"Britt, what are you talking about?" the brunette asked.

"Auttie, the roads to the North Pole are getting treacherous," Brittany said as she gently wiped another tear off of Autumn's cheek. "You need to write your letter to Santa asking him to help you get better and get it in the mail today. And remember, even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf."

Brittany gave her friend one more quick hug and a small smile before walking away. Autumn gasped as she soaked in everything that she had said.

Brittany S. Pierce still believes in Santa Claus.

****

The New Directions were decorating the choir room for Christmas. Naomi smiled softly as she watched Autumn and Brittany dance around while singing. She knew that this week was going to be hard for her, especially since it would be her last at McKinley for a while, but, for now, it seemed like she was happy.

Rachel glanced over at the two cheerleaders out of the corner of her eye. She knew they were just friends – Brittany was with Artie, after all – but she couldn't help but feel a little jealous, as well as sad, when she saw the smile on Autumn's face as the taller girl twirled her around.

"Hey, guys," Mr. Schue said as he came into the choir room. "What's this?"

"We're trying to get into the Christmas spirit, Mr. Schue," said Finn.

"Christmas is my favorite holiday," Autumn smiled. "And look at this awesome tree Finn got us."

"I found it on the side of the road," Finn said as Naomi chuckled. "Must have fallen off some guy's car."