Mash Off

"Yo, fellow Americans! Listen, a vote for Brittany is a vote for root beer water fountains and robot teachers," Brittany said as she passed out balloons.

"Don't be a bully, vote for Brittany," Ava said as she gave a student a pixie stick.

"Brittany's the coolest! Make sure you vote for her for student body president," Maya said, smiling as she gave one of the older Cheerios a sticker.

"And, also, listen," Brittany said, lowering her voice. "Rachel Berry is still on Myspace, and thus unfit to lead."

"Uh, Britt?" Autumn frowned as she walked up to the blonde. "What are you doing?"

"The minis are helping me with my presidential campaign," Brittany smiled as she gave Autumn a 'Vote for Brittany' sticker. "I know you said you haven't decided who you're voting for yet, but we both know I'm your favorite, so vote for me."

"Uh, right," Autumn mumbled, furrowing her brows at the sticker in her hand as she walked away from the crowd of students.

****

The Trobletones walked into the auditorium, frowning when they saw the New Directions entering from the opposite side of the stage.

"What are you doing here?" Rachel asked, her arms folded across her chest.

"Miss Bailey said she had something to show us," Mercedes replied. "What are you doing here?"

"Mr. Schue said the same thing," Autumn said.

"Let me guess. He wants to combine choirs for sectionals," Santana grumbled with a roll of her eyes. "Well, it's not gonna happen. The Troubletones are here to stay."

"Yeah," Juniper agreed as she stepped forward with her arms crossed. "So, shuffle your busted choir off our stage."

"Juni, tone down the savage," Quinn whispered as she pulled her back.

"You're not the boss of me," Juniper scoffed.

"I kinda am, though," Quinn shrugged, smirking a little.

Juniper felt her cheeks turn hot as she nervously glanced around the stage of teenagers, hoping that no one was sensing her bi-panic.

"Guys, we can compete without being enemies," Autumn sighed. "We're all friends, right?"

"We might be friends, but I'm not friends with them. Not anymore," Santana scoffed. "See, the Troubletones are 3F: fierce, femme, phenomenal–"

"I thought phenomenal started with a 'P'?" Naomi frowned, furrowing her brows in confusion.

"Oh, guys, hurry up," Santana said as she turned around to face the Troubletones. "Go get some moist towels. We have to keep Finn wet before we can roll him back in the sea."

The twins, Sugar, and Naomi nodded and turned to go get some, but Brittany and Quinn grabbed them and shook their heads.

"She's joking," Quinn whispered as the twins exchanged a confused look.

"But she sounded serious," Maya frowned.

"Adalynn would've wanted us to roll him in the sea," Ava grumbled, pouting as she shuffled her combat boot on the crusty stage. "I miss my Ada."

Music was heard, and Bailey walked in strumming her guitar. Mr. Schue entered from the other side. They sang a mash-up, and both clubs swayed to the beat as they listened.

When they were done, everyone clapped, and the twins ran up to hug their mom.

"Mommy, you were so good!" Ava exclaimed, hugging the older woman tightly.