New York

"A year and a half ago, the New Directions were nothing but a group of five misfits stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat," Kurt said as everyone sat together eating lunch after the flight to New York. "Now, here we are at the top of the show choir heap. Nationals!"

"So, is all of this stuff free, or...?" Juniper asked, her voice trailing off.

"My dad gave me a little extra money, just in case," Naomi said as she took a bite out of her chocolate chip cookie. "Mm, New York Subway cookies are so much better than Ohio Subway cookies."

"They taste the same," Autumn shrugged.

"If you close your eyes," Juniper chuckled.

"I wanna kit up Central Park," Tina said. "Get my frolic on."

"I wanna throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge," Puck said.

"Of course you'd say that," Autumn scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I think we should go see a Broadway musical."

"Yes!" Naomi agreed. "We have to go see Wicked."

"Guys, hold on," Finn spoke up. "I mean, we still have two songs to write."

"Relax, Mr. Bossy Pants," Autumn said. "I already started one on the flight here."

"I think we have some time for a tune before we leave," Kurt said. "Start spreading the news."

"I'm leaving today," the others sang, joining in. "I wanna be a part of it. New York, New York."

"Guys, I have news," Rachel said as she walked up to them.

"Lauren Jauregui is here?!" Naomi gasped.

"Who's Lauren Jauregui?" Juniper frowned.

"Who's Lauren Jauregui, kill yourself!"

"To celebrate our impending win at nationals, I got us all tickets to Broadway's longest-running show ever–"

"Wicked?!" Autumn gasped.

"–Cats!"

"Whoo!" Brittany cheered.

"You might want to check the dates on those tickets, Rachel, because Cats closed about 11 years ago," Quinn said as Rachel frowned and examined the tickets again.

"He did seem crazy," the diva said. "He charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt crack."

"Gross," Juniper gagged, scrunching her nose in disgust.

****

Everyone sat together in the hotel room, excitedly chatting about how cool it was to be in New York. Naomi and Autumn looked through pamphlets they picked up at the front desk. Juniper sat on the floor in front of Quinn, who was french braiding her hair in two braids while she looked over the room service menu.

"You just had lunch," the blonde said.

"Who cares?" Juniper scoffed. "I'm always hungry."

"We have to sneak out of here and go see the Statue of Liberty," Naomi said as Autumn nodded in agreement.

"Do you know that I can get an ahi tartare and a steak sandwich at three in the morning from their all-night dining menu?" Kurt asked.

"Whatever, grandpa," Juniper rolled her eyes. "I want the triple fudge ice cream sundae."

"Ooh, can you share some with me?" Autumn asked.

"Of course," Juniper smiled.

"This is so cool," Naomi breathed. "I feel like Eloise."